Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Who Loves Reading Books?

Thanks Shaz51.

@Denv12 books are the best! The bookstores I've visted the past year seem to be a lot busier than previous years, so maybe reading physical books is making a comeback Smiley LOL

You mention in one of your comments that you enjoy a few self help books. Which ones have you found the most helpful? A few we've really enjoyed are The Courage To Be Disliked by Ichiro Kishimi & Fumitake Koga, Kintsugi by Tomas Navarro, Status Anxiety by Alain de Botton and (like a lot of people) the Eckhart Tolle books. It's fascinating how sometimes it's just one sentence that inspires a new perspective on life. Humans can be amazing Heart 

Former-Member
Not applicable

images (38).jpg

Yay!!!!

We can post pic's again!                                                                                            Woo-hoo!!!!!!!little girl hooray.png

Does anyone have any of these Folio Society hardcover books? They look so beautiful https://www.foliosociety.com/au

Former-Member
Not applicable

6465a0fd44c1b9f3e6c74f17982c0274.jpg

I used to be in a book club but often I didn't like the books were given. So I've spent the last couple of months reading books that my friends have recommended. The last one I read was called Too Much Lip by Melissa Lucashenko. It's a tale of an aboriginal family or clan - they're friendships and fights, history and battle to protect their land. I loved it.

I also download non-fiction, often self help books onto my kindle. You know I'd rather read a book but there is something magic about being able to click on line and a few seconds later have access to the book.

Former-Member
Not applicable

71501263_2598856660171359_1529701127010910208_o.jpg

Former-Member
Not applicable

73316282_2844986252199852_7158916549137399808_n.jpg

I was a real bookworm in high school (anyone else ?) but when I left school and got into girls and cars Smiley Tongue my books began to gather dust but I kept them as I knew I would appreciate them again one day.. that day was a few weeks ago when I began reading my old Dragonlance fantasy world books in my lunch break for self-care. This helps take me away from work for a while even if its just 20mins and re-sets my brain.

I enjoy fantasy obviously but also:

crime

history

military history

thriller

humour

culture

espionage

star wars

My favourite author if you have not already guessed is Douglas Adams of "Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" fame, Michael Scott Rohan (fantasy author) and Stephen King. And I prefer hard copy - I spend enough time looking at blue screens Smiley Very Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance