Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

May22
Contributor

Withdrawal symptoms

Hi guys, hope everyones been having a good day.

I need some suggestions from people who have dealt with cannabis withdrawal symptoms or know about ways to deal with them. I have recentlly slowly starting cutting smoking out of my daily activities and now have cut it out completely. A little background about my addicition: I started smoking 5 years ago to deal with my undiagnosed mental illness, after being diagnosed with bpd and psychosis a year ago I was told I must give up smoking as it is has been making my disorders worse. I stopped smoking 2 days ago and I'm constantly restless, irritable, short tempered, have the hot and cold sweats, I'm up throughout the night but when I'm asleep I'm keeping my partner up by grinding my teeth and making weird noises. I can hardly eat and when I do I have nausea 😞 

Does anyone have any advise on what I could do to make this process a little easier for me? I'm looking for any suggestion at this point.. 

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Withdrawal symptoms

Hey @May22 .

I found having set meal times helped my body get over the nausea.

Hope you start feeling better soon.

Hang in there, early days yet.

@May22 

I'm sorry I don't have much to recommend. By the time I gave up I was too far gone and don't recall much about the experience.

But Well Done on giving it a crack! I wish you all strength- it Will get 'easier'.

Do you smoke ciggies, too?

Hey @May22,

Those withdrawals sound pretty unpleasant. I don't know much about cannabis withdrawals. The only place I have heard of, which might be helpful, is the national Alcohol & Drug helpline. They are 1800 250 015 and provide counselling, info and advice. 

Giving medical/medication advice on forums is against our guidelines. If you feel comfortable, a chat with a GP regarding medication might be helpful.

I hope you feel better soon.

Take care,

Sphinxly

@StuF  Im sorry you had such a rough experience 😞 

I gave up smoking cigarettes 4 months ago but still use spin, I'm now onto nicotine vapes, so technically still a smoker just not the cigarettes anymore

@Sphinxly Okay, thank you for making me aware, I think a gp visit might be good too

Hey @May22 Any chance you are near a place when you can go for a swim?  

I know after a big bender, people I used to know would always go looking for a good spot for a swim,  mainly creeks due to the colder water temperature to shock the system.

Hi @May22 ,

I didn't mean to say my experience was that rough, rather I don't remember it! I think when I finally successfully gave up, it wasn't too hard really. Getting to that point however...

Anyway, not about me. I asked about your smoking ciggies- I just wanted to check if you were trying to give up both forms of smoking at once. Which would really be making life hard for yourself!

I hope your GP can help. All the best with it!

@May22 

Hi there. I don't want to hassle you, but I wanted to see how you're going with the withdrawals, if I may ask?

@StuF  hi not exactly going well, I'm lasting 3-4 days at a time then relapsing, looking into doing some sort of outpatient addiction treatment program, I'm really struggling with money so help is quite the struggle also, if you have any suggestions on free services that could support me during this time I would greatly appreciate it 🙏🏽

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance