Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Powderfinger
Senior Contributor

anyone around?

Is there anyone around to have a chat with me about my recent post in something is wrong? The one about therapy? Just checking as not feeling very good. 

25 REPLIES 25

Re: anyone around?

Hi @Powderfinger 

I know you posted this yesterday but am around if you need to chat

How are you feeling today?

@Snowie 

Hi, I'm not feeling good at all. I reached out last night because I wanted to talk about my post titled "starting therapy, needing a soundboard and some feedback" I was feeling do stressed around it all and just generally not coping. I went online to talk to the suicide helpline and waited for a really long time. I never actually even got to talk to anyone. 

Hi @Powderfinger 

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get to talk to anyone last night and are still not feeling good today. Well done for reaching out. Some times are busier than others for helplines, so don't be discouraged from reaching out again today if you still feel as though you're not coping. 

@Acacia 

Thanks. Not in the mood to talk. Nobody can get me through this ever. It's just up to me now. I'm too tired if waiting in people when I can longer wait. Tired if waiting. Been waiting my whole life and it never got me anywhere good. 

Here with you @Powderfinger 

Hearing that things are really tough @Powderfinger  and I can understand and appreciate not wanting to talk- you don't deserve to go through this alone though. There are many sitting here in solidarity with you. I hope things improve for you very soon, but I also encourage you to reach out for support if needed, whether that be here on the Forums or somewhere offline. Please take good care of yourself 💐 

@TideisTurning 

I do reach out here. I find that I need more communication. It is great people sit with me, it's just that I still feel alone. I do not write just to get out what I am feeling, I also write to have some sort of communication with other members. I have tried the suicide line twice this weekend and both times I could not get through at all. So, I come here and it can be hard sometimes with getting responses. So, it is beyond me how anyone can keep asking me to reach out, when that is hard enough already. Sometimes, it just really seems backwards. I get told to reach out, I do and no one reaches back. Or they write once, I respond and get nothing back. Why would I want to keep reaching out @TideisTurning 

I am not going to take responsibility for the choices of others, nor would I accept passing the buck on any of it. I am a reasonable person. If people though want to go explaining away why they cannot offer support or talk back to me, that is just presenting another issue to me that is really not my own. How does that help me in the way of support? 

Im honestly just about ready to give up and go it alone. 

I'm sorry to hear that it's been so hard to access the support you need @Powderfinger. I can't imagine how disheartening it would be to be met with that lack of response after you've worked up the courage to reach out. I hope you'll consider this us reaching back to you 😊

I understand too how frustrating it can be when you're met with these explanations of why others haven't been able to offer support- as you've said 'how does that help'? It doesn't, does it? 

You're able to book a call with Sane's Helpcentre if you'd like to speak to someone 1:1, and that gives a little more of a guarantee there'll be someone there on the other side. You could also try tagging a few more members if you'd like more responses to your posts. Is there anything in particular you're looking for with responses, @Powderfinger? I can see @Snowie has popped in to be with you & I'll tag a few other members who might be able to offer an ear or sit with you too @Anastasia @Zoe7 @26aqua but it'd help us help you a little more if you're able to tell us what you'd like from us. Take care 

@Powderfinger While I appreciate it is hard to reach out with little or no response it also makes it hard to keep up when you start many new threads. This is not meant to be a criticism at all but keeping track of where you are at and being able to provide that ongoing support is made more difficult when this happens. It is harder to 'find you' across multiple threads and even harder to be on top of what is happening for you ...this I, and I am sure others (such as those here on this thread and myself and @Anastasia have contributed on another thread) would like to do to provide you that support. I know you have a hell of a lot going on for you at present and you are not in a good place at all so any and all support you can receive from us here you need and deserve. I personally would find that easier to offer if it was all on one thread - that way both I and others can follow what is happening for you, offer that support ongoing and help you work through everything more regularly.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance