Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

tonys
Senior Contributor

beginer on a computor

need help with making a friend, beginer on a computer im told its the only way for isolated people to talk to someone, does any body know if there is a on line service to help people with problem solving on computers. like a help desk for people with learning difficulties. if some one actually replies it will be my first time, im isolated on a farm and go months without talking to a single person,  yours in good faith. tony

119 REPLIES 119

Re: beginer on a computor

not sure what this box does. it says reply or quick reply?

its says i got a reply but i dont know where to see it, please please help

Hey @tonys welcome to the forums!

My name is Basil, I am one of the moderators here 😊

Farm life sounds interesting, although it does sound very isolating out there, glad you can join us here!

You've done a great job getting started. To respond to your query about the Reply button, you can look at other threads on the forums and if you want to respond to someone's post, you can click Reply or Quick Reply to respond to them, then that member will be notified, just like you were when you clicked Reply on your post. 

Another handy tip is, if you want to include others in your post, you can use the @ symbol and that member will be notified, just like I have done with your name at the start of this post. 

For more information on how to navigate the forums, you can look around our Getting Started page here; https://saneforums.org/t5/Welcome-getting-started/bd-p/le-forum-0012

And if you would like to join in on some social spaces and connect with some more members, you can have a look here if any tickle your fancy; https://saneforums.org/t5/Social-Spaces/bd-p/le-forum-0003 

If you ever need some extra assistance, forums members are very friendly and would be happy to help you, otherwise you are welcome to use @moderator and the moderator on shift can see if they can help you.

Happy forums exploring 🙂 

Hello @tonys. Nice you could join us. If I was you, I'd go to 'youtube' and enter something like 'computer for beginners' or something like that in the search bar. 

On here, when your 'NEW' shows that you've got mail, click the 'NEW' box, and you will see who has replied. Click on their name and it will take you to their post. 

To reply, click 'Reply', type '@' and a menu will drop down. Click on the name of the person, and when you 'Post', it will go to that person.

I'm sure you'll figure it out. 

Take learning about your computer slowly. You won't learn it all at once.

Take care.

thankyou to the very kind people that replied and took the time to offer advice. the replies came to my email box and i sent my warmest appreciation back using a return and send arrow. i guess that means they went as emails, but ive no idea where they went. i was so grateful to get something from some one, i only hope they got them. i looked here and couldnt see any thing and i dont want anyone to think i dont reply. i cant seem to find where you can see people talking in a group as it is happening but one day ill find it. very best wishes to every one

not sure where this letter will end up, im trying to work out if this goes to every one, the area where i first put my letter up when i joined or the people that run the website, so please ignore it, im going to send it and then find it. im hoping that a portal means its the way you get to see a chat room , like a door. please forgive my stupidity lots of mistakes is the only hope i have to learn . I am trying to find where you see an ongoing conversation. between as it is happening on the screen, i have seen it on utube but i cant find it on this web site, very embaresed. please ignore my clumsy attempts.

Hi @tonys , we can see your posts 😊 The forums are a bit quiet tonight but there's are some chats happening here and here if you'd like to join in.

hi . i been typing some lengthy thankyou letters to kind people thanking them for trying to help, only to realize that they have all been going to admin office, so sorry for that. hope this one doesnt end up there, thanks to all, stay safe and im of to bed, my brain hurts. 

Hi @tonys ,

You are doing a very good job typing and replying to messages. I also admire your graciousness. You are also very kind.

Farm life does sound lonely at times. I’d be interested to know more about your farm actually. But just a reminder not to name your farm or the exact location because of SANE’s anonymity guideline.

I recently went to a hobby farm. I enjoyed it a lot. Just being with the animals was great. I fed ponies, camels, highlands, goats, donkeys, sheep etc. I spent a lot of time sitting in the sun with the animals all around me.

Here’s a camel getting a carrot for a treat:

D13F7B14-6CBD-4F18-A3DB-F367CF14077A.jpeg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance