Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Seraphita
Casual Contributor

15 year old ASD daughter

Hello. 

This is my first post.

My daughter has high functioning autism.  When she is overwhelmed she becomes very ridged in her mind.

While we were in stage 3 lock down mydaughter was able to go to school.  However now (stage 4). She refuses to work. She is at home. I don't want to give her ultimatums in case she shuts down more.  I'm concerned  for her future.  

Are there others here in this situation ?

🌸

5 REPLIES 5

Re: 15 year old ASD daughter

@Seraphita  Hey Seraphita and welcome. There are many people on this site with autistic children or who are on the spectrum themselves so you are not alone. I have two children on the spectrum. I live in nsw and my children are older than your daughter.  Try not to worry about the 6 weeks of lockdown...... it is just 6 weeks it is not worth the stress to you or your daughter .... that is only my opinion though. I have had my children in and out of hospital particularly son2 when he was 16 and tried to go with the flow otherwise it would have sent us all mad. Take good care of yourself. greenpea

Thank you so much @greenpea 🌸

Hi there, I am in Melbourne and home with my son 12 ASD & ADHD, and 6 ASD & PDA. My daughter is refusing to engage with most online learning now. Have finally reached the point where I can’t push for it at all. For everyone’s mental health we just need to let it go. It is what it is, and if you message your child’s teacher/s and let them know they are incredibly understanding (in my experience). I still struggle with the mum guilt of not being able to get everything done, but at the end of the day they need a less stressed mum right now more than they need to do school work.

Sending virtual hugs and grace.

Thank you.

The guilt his huge. So glad Im not alone

🌸
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance