Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

@eth, good to catch you in real time this morning too. This thread has been quiet lately, partly perhaps because I've been having a hectic time of it in terms of activities out of the flat, on the computer, in my head, or a combination of all of these things. I have also been finding myself posting on other threads a bit more lately, which has taken time away from here. No conscious decision to do this, just what seems to be happening as I see posts from new or recent members that I feel I may have something helpful to contribute to in reply. And wanting to support CB as much as possible with what's been happening for her.

Great to hear your visit from friend and her partner went so well! Smiley Very Happy

I'm not that great this morning, mainly because I woke up with a really bad headache. It's easing a bit now, but think this is going to be a quiet day at home to help with easing that. 

@CheerBear, yesterday was good. Went to the shopping mall that's a bit further away than my local village. Thought I had a parcel to pick up there as I'd received an email from Australia Post. Turned out it was a notification that one I'd sent my friend down south for xmas, had arrived there. It was good that I got there though, as I found C's xmas gift within minutes of arriving. I've bought him a set of 100% cotton black sheets/pillow cases for his bed. I often find thinking of gifts for people difficult but I think this is a good one. That just leaves a gift for my close friend, which I may instead find online. I also picked up two summer dresses for myself, my xmas gift to me. It was good to get out after a number of days inside the flat. Woman Happy

Hope your headache eases soon @Mazarita.  I've seen what a wonderful support you can be on here.

Sounds like you've earned a day at home.  The shopping centres seem so busy already. Well done you for handling it. Nice gift for C and nice that you got some summer dresses for you.   I'll be shopping online for the kidults and grandkiddies too.  Adult child has sent me some links to what they want that I haven't looked at yet.  Should get onto that today so that there's time for delivery before the big day.

Sorry to hear you've woken up feeling not so great this morning @Mazarita. Glad you have a quieter day ahead to hopefully help with that. So good to hear you did what you needed yesterday and you found C's gift easily! That's always a win 🙂 I'm slowly making my way through looking around online for things this morning and found some decent sales on (win there too).

I'm going to head out to my appointment. Nice bumping into you Mazarita and chatting this morning @eth.

❤ for the rest of the morning/day

Sorry for the delay, @eth. I wrote a longish post about xmas stuff. Then when I went to post I found my net connection has gone down. I'm on mobile data on my phone now, which is always so terribly slow, so it's taking me ages to post this one too now! I think I probably need to sign off for now as it's too hard to have a chat like this. Sorry we couldn't talk more, but glad to have met up briefly in real time. Have a peaceful, relaxing day. ox

@eth It felt lovely and calming to read your posts and preparations.

For me 25 is not a good day as it is also an anniversary, plus complicated byreligious  positives and negatives.  I keep it quiet and small with extra nice food.

Heart

@Mazarita @CheerBear @Exoplanet

Have a good day.

I have a strange appointment where I was approached on fb by a disability employment services company and an orchestral rehearsal.

Hope your appointment went well @Appleblossom and that they are helpful and all above board.  

I've had nearly all the last 16 years of Christmases alone before moving here, so I did the same as you - quiet time with yummy special foods.  Sharing this time of year feels good so far - I've been here now since Christmas eve 2016 - hard to believe it's nearly 2 years already.

Dear  @eth

I remember your anxiety before the move. SO glad it has worked out well for you.

Heart

The outcome of appointment is yet to be seen as their computer program did not let them make next appointment 4 weeks into the future ... not the workers fault, but I spotted a few more planning issues,

1) including freezing the staff and consumers, by ridiculous level of cooling, that seized up my neck but luckily did not put it out

2) including intimidating abusive paragraphs re Centrelink in standard letter for appointment.  They apologised and said it was for under 34s.  Well they need to change the settings on their automatic letters.  It was very counterproductive for what the organisation is mandated for.

3) The place I was supposed to sign was clogged up an irrelevancy so I had to draw a line on form to separate it out as I felt I would have been signing falsely.

Jeez ... the modern work place.

Eye roll.

Going to orchestral rehearsal tonight. Always beautiful. I have always preferred the process to the final product anyways ...

Smiley Happy

Take Care All who pass through ...

Gee @Appleblossom  No. 2 in particular would have me running a mile.  Are you actually wanting more employment or is this something you are obliged to do at this time?

Have a lovely evening.  

It is not an obligation for Centrelink, it is just my inner compulsions, to always do my best, and I had a few ideas, then was putting self down for making a rod for my back, which I seriously do not need.

They admitted they targeted people like me in their online ads on fb.  Maybe cos I had liked lots of Mental health disability type pages ... you know those algorhythms work a bit ...??

Thanks for caring @eth I need to stay connected here as otherwise I would be a sucker for everything.

Will see how it pans out.

The form said it should not effect my entitlement to DSP so in the best of all possible worlds, a few hours per week of non disabling work could be good .... raising hands in air ... who knows ... 

Best of luck with it @Appleblossom.  You're brave to give it a go.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance