Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

how about window shopping or if you have a mall

the beach sounds nice and how about the park

where I live we are very limited , we have to travel a lot to get anywhere interesting  @eth

Hello Everyone 🙂

I think I nearly blew the place up the other day! I officially don't have a grey water pump at the moment. I went to bed the other night, just got myself comfortable - & then I heard the beeeeeeeeeep of the inverter going off; I thought it was odd because I'd turned everything off as I do when I go to bed. Lucky I went out & checked it because the wires for the grey water pump were burning out!! The first clue was the smoke as I went out the back door! It was scary, as the wires had melted on the batteries & those things go boom in a big way if they go. I turned off the inverter & pulled the wires away & went back to bed - I reconnected the house water pump in the morning & the water works, & the batteries haven't gone flat {yet, it's been overcast, I've even had some good rain the past couple of days - so it might happen because of that} Nothing seems to have been adversely affected {thank goodness}, though I don't have a grey water pump. I recycle my waste water mainly, I put it into buckets & use it to flush the toilet, but I will probably have to do something about it eventually - maybe I'll get online & look for another one, {cause I won't go into the big smoke until next year now - it's way to busy!!!} (though I feel a little anxious about setting it up {I didn't do too well with the one that's just burnt out}). 

Along with the rain came a bit of gusty wind {not the norm here} & I had a couple of small trees go down on the new fence {OH NO!} but again I was lucky in that I was able to break them up & get them off & out of the way, & there was no damage to the fence itself. It's probably just a matter of time before a big one goes, at least I've got the fence contractors number so I can text & arrange to have it repaired when it happens. All a part of living out in the bush I suppose. 

I'm feeling a bit blurgh, sort of ho hum. I was thinking of going camping, I'm kind of glad I didn't 'cause there has been a couple of storms. I won't even think of going until next year now, school holidays & all. I told my daughter I might head up her way for her birthday, it's early in the year, so I guess that'll be my next goal - I missed this one. 

I wonder whether your roller coaster's going to slow down a little now that the video judging's done Mazy Heart 

I think yummy breads & salads are perfect for christmas Eth & Appleblossom, I agree there's more than enough decadence!

Sending a really quiet 'hope you had a wonderful day' Zoe Heart

Giving your hand a little squeeze outlander Heart

Thinking of you Sophia, haven't seen you lately?

Gidday Greenpea & Shaz

Great to see you @Exoplanet

Weather events can be so hard to deal with ... the old "Act of God" ... yet we also know now that they are related a little to the acts of humans ...

We are still being drenched and battered by winds ... I get wind straight from the bay and it is quite destructive, as it pulled up a flax by the roots ...  I thought it was weather proof !

Today I could not move. Neck is not great and I was tired and missed a rehearsal.  I had a great time last rehearsal, so I hope it does not happen again, but maybe also last week was too much for me and I needed the rest.

Hello @Mazarita @Shaz51 @eth @outlander and ALL

Smiley Happy

Thank you @Exoplanet for that lovely. quiet thought. I did have a good day despite it being long and tiring. It seems that you get one thing fixed and another problem rears it's head - but you are quite capable of getting things fixed when you need to Smiley Very Happy

Hi @Appleblossom Hope your neck gets better soon and you don't miss any more rehearsals Smiley Frustrated

awwwwww @Exoplanet HeartHeart

Hello @Mazarita, @Zoe7, @Appleblossom, @eth

@ethhow did you go yesterday with the afternoon xoxo

Good morning all - @Mazarita @Shaz51 @Zoe7 @Appleblossom @Exoplanet @CheerBear @greenpea @outlander and anyone else around today - I hope it's going smoothly for everyone so far.

Hey @Shaz51 the afternoon was pleasant.  We just went to pick up a mattress and had lunch and came back home.

I have a day at home alone today and no plans yet.  Then support worker tomorrow and water tai chi, which I always look forward to.  I think it's the last one for the year.

Morning @eth and everyone

How are you today @outlander?

Not so great @eth i thought a new day would bring new light but it hasnt

How are you?

Making the most of a do-nothing day where I'm not accountable to anyone about anything @outlander.  Sorry to hear things are not so good for you.  Do you want to talk about what's happening or have you posted about it elsewhere?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance