Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Hi @Mazarita @Appleblossom @Exoplanet @outlander @Zoe7 @CheerBear @greenpea and anyone else around this morning.

Sorry to hear of the health concerns @Exoplanet and @Mazarita.  

It's been so quiet here on this thread lately.  Wondering what everyone's up to in the non-cyber world or if people have moved to other threads for some reason.

I had a lovely time with my visitors - best friend and her new partner.  It was really wonderful to see her so grounded and happy in her current relationship.  I've known her through the last 2 breakups in her life where she'd been making too many compromises for too long and reached the point of letting go with great sorrow.  I'm really happy for her and her new partner is a sweetie.  We had a scrumptious Japanese dinner at a restaurant on the harbour here and then stayed up late yacking.  Then had yummy fruit salad at brekky and a leisurely start to yesterday.  I drank more than usual and was consequently exhausted and lethargic most of yesterday.  Spent the whole morning dozing on and off after my busy few days prior.  I'm still glad I did the deep clean before they came as I won't have to do a lot of it again before visitors come to stay for Christmas.  And isn't that approaching rapidly now?!

Looking forward to some catch up chats here.  Hope today has started smoothly for all.

Morning @eth and everyone here 🙂

So great to hear you had a lovely time with your guests and that your best friend is happy. Sounds like a great time for you all.

Yep the 25th is definitely getting closer! Im not as organised as usual this year and am trying not to let that get to me too much. The stress can get in the way of the enjoyment for me when it starts to get hectic. Lots on with the kids in the last weeks of school to enjoy too.

Hope the morning is going/about to go well for everyone too ❤

Hi and good morning @CheerBear.  I hear you about wanting to feel organised for Chrissy, and I don't even have young ones to make it special for.  I have lists!  And will do what I can well in advance re menus, shopping, working out what meds and other things I will need from here til after new year.

Hope you're having a peaceful day so far.

Dropped out for school drop off. So hot already today!

How good are lists @eth?! I can see you being organised in advance and can only imagine the kinds of foods you'll be making and enjoying. I'm lucky in that my kids don't ask for or expect over the top-ness as far as wish lists, though the things on theirs can be a bit random. This year for one it is all about slime so I'm hunting for things like borax that's not borax, and laundry liquid and contact lens solution with particular ingredients. Pretty funny! The special stuff for them is the magic (reindeer food, Christmas lights, stars that we're totally certainly definitely sure are really actually Santa 😉🙂)

It's been a good start to my day today thanks. Any plans for the day for you?

No definite plans for today @CheerBear.  It's a home day.  May catch up on admin stuff  (updating my calendar and my journal of supports received and reconciling my recent monthly NDIS budget report) and there's a remote chance I'll get on the exercise bike at some stage!

I'm not doing a lot for Christmas as we have a dozen people going to be here, all doing a dish or 2.  I'll be doing the pumpkin seeded bread I practiced recently, a salsa verde for the bbq fish, and a green salad.  I'm not doing any decorations this year - the truth is I celebrate the solstice more than actual Christmas - I'm more of a pagan and not a Christian.  But it's nice to celebrate this time of year with others and especially make it fun for children.  I'll be on the fringe a bit I can see as most of the guests are sil's family and one of them is my mother who I'm establishing definite boundaries with recently.  Should be safe enough in a group but I fear she will do her best to corner me and interrogate, as she is wont to do.  I've already told her I'll need time out at times with so many people here.  But saying it and achieving it are two different things.  

What are you up to today?

Maybe nice to have a quieter home day after a busy couple for you @eth. Your seeded bread sounded yum! I really hope things go OK with your mum while she's with you. It can be tricky spending more time than we're used to with some people! We celebrate magic and family in December. That's about all there is to meaning behind it for us, which is pretty meaningful I think. One of mine started a thing last year where we have a home made gift Kris Kringle. It was absolutely the highlight of the day and something everyone enjoyed participating in and doing. We had all kinds of gifts from painted coasters, decorated notebooks, a sign, framed paintings from not-painters etc. happening. It was super lovely and something we're all looking forward to again 😊

Today I have a doctors appointment and will talk about getting back on a mood stabiliser I had to suddenly stop a couple of weeks ago. It will be a relief when I can get back to the right level there. Other than that, pretty quiet day ahead.

We're doing a Kris Kringle here too @CheerBear.  I got my nephew. Was stumped briefly as to what to give him but then remembered he loves all forms of ramen (Japanese noodles in a broth).  So I've put together a ramen hamper for him with lots of yummy bits and pieces like nori and bonito and the like.  We were told to spend up to $40 max and this has come in well under that.  

Hope your appointment is ok and that going back on the mood stabiliser is helpful.  And that you're recovering well.

Good morning, @eth and @CheerBear. Will just leave this message here for now, to see if you are both still around. Heart Heart

Hi @Mazarita  great to 'see' you!  Still here for a while, nothing else happening this morning.  How are you today?

Great idea with the noodles @eth 🙂 We have an adult KK too and I'm a bit stumped also, but will figure it out. Thanks - I'm recovering well now 🙂

Morning (at not ridiculous o'clock for a change!) @Mazarita. Hope your yesterday went well and your morning has started off nicely ❤
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance