Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Owlunar
Senior Contributor

Re: Abuse

Hi @Lemonjuice 

Yes - it would be so much easier for you to be cared through when you are feeling so fragile but you are right - this isn't a perfect world - it is so tough for you and you have done so much for your family - you will be glad when all the sorting out is done

I really don't understand hoarding - my ex-h was a hoarder and I wouldn't let him keep his stuff in the house except for his bedroom - he built a large brick garage on our property and filled it with the stuff he had hoarded at his mother and I left all that junk when I left the house when it was sold - he left a lot of junk in our roof and I am wondering to this day what happened to that but it's not my problem

How wonderful it is to be able to walk away from someone else's junk - I hope you can eventually do this with your parents' stuff - I personally don't understand why people hoard crap like that but they do - and I suppose it does end up being someone else's problem eventually - 

So - if you are in control of selling the house I guess you have to dump the trash - just in case there is something important in there you need to sort through it I guess - which is horrible - 

I care about you having to do all of this and I get it that you are done - having done it since you were six - what would have happened had you not done all of this? 

I wouldn't tolerate my mother's nastiness and years passed and sometimes I could attend family events and sometimes I couldn't and sometimes I wouldn't and I was pushed to the outside but I liked that better and got on with my life - and here I am today - free of it. My sister was my mother's favourite and she was the one left to empty a house full of ornaments - I have no idea how many but my daughter had helped and her eyes rolled when she mentioned all the ornaments

Personally I think the hoarded crap is only the evidence of a deeper collection of grudges - grudges - bad feelings - lost Christmases - grudges - etc  and more grudges - I think it was a mammoth task you had caring for everyone for all those years and I wish you the best with a new life without all of this

It's not easy - I know that much - the other side of that coin is being ostracised - we all have a choice I suppose but it's never an easy sitation - I feel for you

Dec

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance