Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Yes @utopia re possum cloak .... amazing stuff ..... and the museum display here is awesome too.

Morning @Zoe7 ..... I haven’t seen you on-forum yet this morning.  I have slept in and am feeling lazy about getting up .... so might just be lighting a candle at church this morning.  Will catch you later ....

Morning to all who pass by here this morning .....

👋💕

Didn't come on this morning @Faith-and-Hope - did a few things before I went to babysit. She is an adorable little girl - we pretty much played int he sandpit for 2 hours lol

It is a beautiful day here and if I get the grass mowed I may be able to take Toby to the beach - that will also depend on how tired I am later today though.

Hope you have got yourself moving a little more and made it to church.

I am going to have lunch and then put some more washing on - should get dry today Smiley Very Happy

Made it to church @Zoe7, and there was extra to the service today, so I wasn’t so late after all ..... heading home for lunch now.  We still have overcast skies here, but it sounds like your morning was lovely .....

I am psyching myself up to finish a drawing assignment this afternoon.  It is very detailed and needs to include collage ..... so I am thinking about it and how to tackle it.

Yea you made it to church - so good there was extra to the service @Faith-and-Hope

I have had lunch and resting for a little while until I tackle the mowing. It is still a beautiful day here - the sun is out, the sky is blue and the temperature is in it's low 20s - also no wind so it is pretty much the perfect day outside. The only issue is that it is too sunny for me to be out in it just yet - I'll have to wait until later when the sun is not so strong - I could feel my hands burning even this morning under the morning sun.

I hope you work out how to use collage in your drawing and can get the effect you want - I'm sure it will be successful - all your work is amazing Hon Smiley Very Happy

@utopia @Zoe7 - speaking of household chores - my mother once told me a story about how she was so bogged down with the mundane that she and her neighbour suggested doing each other’s laundry just to add some variety into their day.

I actually like ironing, especially the more complicated items. I find peacefulness in smoothing out the wrinkles. Weird probably but that’s my thing. 

haha @soul That is a great story about your mum and neighbour Smiley LOL

I am not a fan of ironing but it has to be done. My sister doesn't iron - she tries to buy clothes that don't need it because she hates it so much lol

I have plenty of ironing here to do - that is usually a nightime job but the nights I have been too tired - think I need a sleep this afternoon before I mow the lawn and then maybe the ironing afterwards. What are you up to today?

The kids and I scattered my dog’s ashes yesterday. That was emotional but I’m okay now. It would have been her tenth birthday and those first anniversaries after a death are always hard. 

I am at my partner’s place where I spend the weekends these days. He has just mowed and I have done some weeding. I ironed his shirts this morning as he was cooking up a curry. A bit of domestic bliss. Feels nice. He watched the Manchester United vs Chelsea match this morning. Full of drama. Happy with the draw but we were so close to a win. 

Sounds like a nice, harmonious day for you @soul.

My Liverpool team had another win so I was pleased about that. I haven't caught up on other results but a draw for you is better than a loss Smiley Tongue

It is so sad for you about your dog @soul but really nice that you could scatter the ashes by the water and on what would have been her tenth birthday - so, so sad for you all Smiley Sad I can't imagine not having Toby by my side so I can feel some of the pain you are feeling - tears just thinking about it for you Heart

I am going to head off now myself - have a sleep and then try to get the lawn done. I hope the rest of your day is relaxing @soul Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance