Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

saharagirl
Contributor

Anxiety mini rant

Hi,

So I'm really struggling. I've been through hell this year, much more than just covid. But a massive betrayal from my psychiatrist that led to false claims and police investigations. And in every investigation I have been proven innocent, as I knew I should be. But it's been the most traumatic thing I've ever experienced and I think I've got all these new PTSD symptoms now as well. My anxiety is pretty high and I'm scared of psychiatrists now, and that's a shame since I have to call one tomorrow to try see if they'll take me on as a patient. So my anxiety has been worse today and I have been mentally counting down the hours till tomorrow to the phone call. I'm supposed to be giving myself a mental break / holiday from this stuff since it's been getting to me too much...but apparently I'm not good at letting go and being in the present moment. 

Anyway. Mini rant over. Just feeling super alone and super caught up in my anxiety.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Anxiety mini rant

Hi @saharagirl,

I have this posted elsewhere but will post this again.

I am not sure where you are based, but do check out this website for anxiety issues:

https://www.arcvic.org.au/our-services

They have a variety of services including call helpline, support group (currently via zoom), companion program or various resources/apps that assist with anxiety issues. Most of their programs are free.

I have been to the support group a few times and I can assure you that the people there are sweet, gentle but most of all, they CARE.

You may want to have this on the side on top of the psychologist your GP referred you to. There will be a waiting time to see a psychologist anyway and ARCVIC offers several programs running each week which you may jump in anytime. 

Wish you get better soon! Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance