Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Mumma_of4
Casual Contributor

At A Bit Of A Loss

Hi everyone, ive been reading some posts, and i have posted a while ago, but thought it might be time for a re visit.  I would consider myself a very plugged in mumma bear, with 4 kids, and at the moment im really finding myself struggling with my youngest he is def BP/PTSD & finding support groups or advise in dealing with an adult child is so hard and rare.  Im seeking a parent support group for older teens, young adults with Depression/Anxiety/PTSD/ B/Polar issues.  Does one exist on line? 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: At A Bit Of A Loss

hello again @Mumma_of4 

they are good questions, not sure which state you are in 

so I will tag @Former-Member , @Paperdaisy for you 

also @Dimity , @eth , @HenryX 

also we have a thread called Parents Supporting Unwell Adult Children for you to click onto and i will tag you there too

Hello @Mumma_of4 

Another member who may have some ideas that could be of help is @Sophia1 .

Sophia has had contact with various agencies. Her forum address, @Sophia1 , in this post will alert her to your query, and I am sure that If she is able to, would be pleased to help.

With Best Wishes

@HenryX 

Hello @Shaz51 @Mumma_of4 

there are lots of people on these forums caring for adult children, @Appleblossom might be able to help you connect . Outside of the forums Wellways is a support organisation active in Victoria see https://www.wellways.org/our-services/support-families-friends-and-carers

I hope you can find likeminded people and the support you're looking for. Keep posting on the forums, there's friendship here and good advice but not everyone is online every day so it's best to tag people with the @ followed by their user name to make sure they're notified when you post.

Best wishes

Dimity

Thank you to those that have supported or reached out ; I will try to be online for the forum tonight 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance