Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Attachment weirdness, neediness, shame

Hi @CheerBear 🙂
Yep I'm looking forward to next Friday too. This is the first game I've ever preordered. I'm still having trouble getting myself to take the time to play games (rather than doing other mindless stuff), so I hope I'll get into this one.

It went ok with my psych. We set the next couple of session dates so I don't have to email. We also have been avoiding any emotional topics and just talking about stuff that's been less challenging for me to make changes with. So it's made for some nice sessions that are helpful for some things. The other stuff is just kind of brewing and I'm not sure what's going to happen with it if I can't handle sessions about it... But oh well.

Thanks for your message - I never find it annoying.
Hope you've been doing OK.

👍👍 for preordering @TheVorticon. Are you picking it up on Friday? They had me at unicorn style ponyta (not really - they had me long before that, but this was the icing for me) 😆

Sounds like a good outcome for now with psych. I don't know if you think it too, but I think there's a lot of use in spending time on the less 'big' or challenging things while gently and slowly getting to other stuff as you can. That's how I justify having spent as long as I have with my psych and still not going there (much/at all) 😉 It sounds like your psych is OK with letting slow happen for now which is good. It's so tricky to have stuff brewing but not be able to work through it in a way that's OK with you. You're chipping away and you're keeping on keeping on. It's not easy to do sometimes.

Always good to hear from you 🙂

Yep I'm getting it on Friday @CheerBear 🙂 Are you? Which one (or both)? I've picked Sword.

Yeah it's a good outcome with my psych. I guess it's OK to do some less challenging stuff first. I'm just impatient and want it all sorted out immediately 😉
Back when I first saw him his goal was for us to be able to have a conversation, which was miles behind my goal of wanting to feel better (except I couldn't communicate with him... So guess whose goal was more realistic...).

I'm not sure if it's about being ok with slow, or just about jumping on something that we both have discovered we can work on (rather than the stuff that we haven't been able to).

There will be four of us with four consoles (I think) and two of each game here from Friday (one bonus of having a Nintendo enthusiast and game collector move in 😉) @TheVorticon. I'll play the left over one, though my eyes are on shield (ponyta). I accidentally started Zelda this weekend and will now be in a real game pickle come Friday. Much better pickle to be in than some of the other pickles I find myself in though! Super excited you'll be playing too 😊

Hearing that goal of your psych's gives some insight into the dynamics and some of the tricky stuff that goes on. Liking the sound of going with what you and he can work on rather than what isn't working. If slow isn't totally OK with you, I hope it is OK enough to be jumping on something that you can work on/with.

Oh nice @CheerBear, that's great that you can each play one. Fingers crossed you get your ponyta. 🙂 I've got a friend at work who's getting Shield so we'll be able to trade.

It's tricky to have multiple games on the go, but yep that is a good sort of pickle. Pickles are best on burgers and sandwiches, not for making difficult decisions. 😉

Yeah that was a 2009 goal and things are significantly better in 2019 for most topics. But anything with painful feelings kind of turns back into 2009-ish during the session (with the difference being that I can write some things and send them now whereas I mostly couldn't before). I think I'm in a period now where that part will be more 2009-ish for awhile.

A fellow pickle appreciator @TheVorticon. Nice 👍 We are few and far between I believe 😀

2009ish sounds tricky. Understand how painful feelings can take us back though, regardless of where we are.

Hey @TheVorticon. Hope the last few days have been OK enough in your world.

Calling by to say happy pre-ordered game day! Hope you enjoy it 😁🎮😎🎉

Thanks @CheerBear I hope you've had a good couple of days too.

Haha super excited hey 🙂 😄

Mine's being delivered to the nearby post office so there's a risk that it won't arrive til next week but the post tracker is looking good for today 😉 I also was invited to a thing after work today - inconsiderate timing haha 😉

Hope you and yours enjoy it too! Probably hard to wait til after school if they know it's coming, or is it a surprise for some? 

Noooo posting is annoying when it comes to things like this @TheVorticon! As is timing for invitations 😉

Funny, as I read your message I had one ask me for the day off because of a magical sickness that's appeared overnight. They know it's here now as sibling left them on the bench following midnight launch. I wonder if the sickness would have held out if the games hadn't been sitting unopened on the bench 😉 No chance of the day off for them but points for trying haha.

🤞 for post tracker. Hope the thing after work is good for you if you go and you enjoy your travels around the Galar region when you get to go there 😊😁

Robot Sad

Edit: Love it how I seek out confirmation that no one cares and I'm alone. Great job there Vorticon. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance