Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Attachment weirdness, neediness, shame

Hi @greenpea that sounds tough about feeling like you are trapped. 😞 Do you think it could be helpful to make a list of things that you are thankful for or that are helpful about your care team, medications etc? What parts of your life are less restricted as a result of your treatment?

@TheVorticon  I’ve just read through your thread. To say it resonates with me is an understatement. I have nothing at all helpful to say, other than you are certainly not alone in the struggles you are going through.

Sending warm thoughts.💜

Thanks @Maggie, though I'm sorry to hear that you relate to this stuff. Warm thoughts back at ya. 👍

@TheVorticon  Hey TheVorticon the positives about having medications are that I have my family back without the meds there would be no family.  That is huge for me. I am now able to function like a rational human being in society (well have a veneer of rationality so that I fit in superficially). I appreciate my care team and all the work they put into helping me get 'better'.

It is my family however which is the big card which keeps me taking the meds and seeing the docs as there are so many draw backs being on medication that without having a loving family  I can see why people with a mi would give it all up. Love peaxx

That's great @greenpea, I'm really pleased that your family make it worth it. 🙂

I decided to email my psych to see if he'll clarify something before I decide to stop. The next problem is that he takes forever to reply to emails so who knows when he'll have time or be bothered.

@TheVorticon  Hey TheVorticon are you thinking of stopping meds?Oh I wish I could .... I think my pdoc would report me to the police and have me taken to hospital by force.... I am kind of stuck where I am atm. Let me know how it all goes. peaxx

@greenpea nah I'm not stopping any meds.

Hope you've been having a good day.

@CheerBear I figured I should just write about it in here. Thanks for asking.
Psych hasn't replied, which is part of the reason that I feel like I need to stop seeing him. I just can't do this.

Oh far out @TheVorticon. I think I'd be right where you are in feeling like I need to stop. That seriously sucks.

Do you have another appointment with him?

Thanks @CheerBear, I feel like I'm being ridiculous by being so affected by him taking ages to reply so it helps to hear that you might feel similarly.

Nope I don't have an appointment set. I'd have to email him to ask for one. :face_with_rolling_eyes:😢

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance