Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Attachment weirdness, neediness, shame

@TheVorticon I have agoraphobia and anxiety and I am going to see

a psych in a few weeks. Not sure how it will help ...I can't visualise how things

could get better ...I am not able to cope by myself at the moment and haven't been for quite a long time

Re: Attachment weirdness, neediness, shame

Hi @jamesle2015.
I'm glad to hear that you're going to be getting some help with your anxiety and agoraphobia. It does sound like it's been hard for you and hopefully your new psych will be able to help you find some hope about things getting better.

1st appt

@TheVorticon  I went for my first appointment on Saturday....there was all day parking in the side street across the road so that was good.....

location good not too far from home ....

the psych asked me about my history so I went through work history and how anxiety affected me....I hope I will get better ...I have another appointment in 2 weeks and I am covered by Medicare mental health plan which is good

Re: 1st appt

That's awesome that you attended your first appointment @jamesle2015. Very handy about the parking and location.
First sessions can be a bit draining going through the history of everything but yeah hopefully you'll be able to start making some progress and getting better soon 🙂

I had a really annoying customer the other day....

I wish she didn't go through me ...

She can't let go of the past and it was very very annoying the way she spoke to me

and the manager and someone else was at the counter being irritating and talking to her....I am not sure why they want to talk to her but I couldn't do anything about it

If a mistake was made in the past why can't she let it go?

That does sound like an annoying eperience @jamesle2015. I guess we can never know why some people do the things they do, or say the things they say. It seems like she may have just been caught up in her own thing and trying to get that sorted out was stopping her from realising how she was coming across to you. It must be difficult having to deal with customers like that. What are some of the things that make interactions with customers more enjoyable for you?

I think she knows how she 'comes across'. It happened again today-

this time there was no interference from other people ...

She asked me if I knew how to do it and

I put it through for her - she may have noticed that I was irritated with her as I told her

I knew how to do it - not sure how irritated I looked but I felt that way ...

then she said she would be back in a few minutes with another one - you can imagine how pleased I was to hear that - anyway the manager did the 2nd

one when she got  back

If she doesn't realise how she 'comes across' that is very disturbing for someone

of her age - probably mid 40s or something like that and been a customer

for many years - not to realise that what you say and how you say it has an impact

on others it doesn't take much intelligence

But what can I do? that's retail

@jamesle2015 I guess I wasn't meaning lacking intelligence, but lacking awareness due to other things going on in her mind. It certainly doesn't stop the behaviour from being annoying though. Are there other repeat customers that you get along better with? 

Yes I get along well with 'repeat' customers who act 'normally'.

I like customers that aren't condescending.

I'm glad to hear that some of your customers are better @jamesle2015. Fingers crossed for more good ones than bad. 🙂
I guess all you can do is try and look for ways to enhance the good parts, even with the annoying customers if you can.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance