Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Darkness

Hey Mel, I will use my event in December to try and help you understand. So my client assualted me, we walked around a park while waiting for help from the ambulance and police service and during that time he continued. The ambulance crew arrived first but couldn't approch without the police crew, in the end the ambo's did came to assist me as the saw how much trouble I was having with him, police arrived very shortly after. Now I was sore but otherwise ok, when they all left and my client was taken care of by the ambo's I did have a cry but I went back to work to fill in the forms to report the incdent. They made me go to the doctor because of the physcial injuries. I thought that was it just some small injuries that would heal with the right treatment. I was on light duties which meant I got to be in the office helping my team out. I did this with no issues, I was doing the cancellations for the Christmas New Year public holiday's when I come arcoss his wifes name and I freaked out a little, but my boss thought that was unstandable and she did that call. It wasn't till late Feb that I realised something else was happening to me, I was asked to call an ambulance for a client from the office, I froze I just couldn't do it. Luckily one of our senior workers where beside me and he attended to that call. I went to the bathroom and I was physically sick and couldn't stop crying, I had a few weeks off then returned to the office by now I had been told I had C-PTSD and had just began treatment. First day back in the office another senior worker from my team was on the phone with a client and she raised her voice and her tone got stern, complete meltdown, called my gp and he sent me home.

So for me, sirens are an issue but why? Logic mind knows that they are on their way to help someone and that it's not me i am in no danger, but because of the incdent I automactically go into flight or fight because I was in danger then. The senior worker that was on the phone she is a friend and quite frankly so small I could place my outreach hand on her head and her limbs wouln't reach me so no danger there, but a change in the pitch of her voice and the change in her tone I again felt like I was in danger again because my client did the same thing.. this time I actually just left work without talking to anyone so I was able to "flight" when confronted with a stranger (usually male) I can have a panic attack with in minutes because I don't know them or if the are danger so that is when I "freeze" Then there are the little things like Hubby having to learn to talk without using his hands ( i am sure there is italian blood in him somewhere) because when he was talking and waving his hands around as he normally would I would flinch, it was much worse if we where standing. Now we both know he is not going to hurt me but still I would go back to the fight or flight.

With where you are right now, you have been confronted with a man who abused you for two years, I am not sure what age you where but with you I don't think that really matters as you don't have to worlds greatest support system around you and I doubt you ever had. So while the abuse was happening you where in FFF, now there are very few people I know that will Fight and those people are dam strong amazing people but not many feel like the can. Flight, where were you going to go, who was going to help you, nope can't run so you are left with freeze and the hope that you would at least make it out alive.

Seeing him again, having the flashbacks of the abuse has I believe just sort of turned your FFF back on. You are feeling, seeing everything he did so your body is in distress. You are hypervilatant when you are out so of course you will be seeing him everywhere wheather it's actually him or not, you constantly looking for the danger which is why you are so very scared. You are not going insane, there is nothing wrong with you. You do need to talk to your MH team as soon as possible though honey.

I hope that you can understand this I feel like it is a jumble. Love you 3000 @Lee82 

Lee82
Senior Contributor

Thank you so much for explaining all that to me hun. I know it must have been very difficult for you to do that so I truly appreciate it. Also it all makes perfect sense. I understand exactly what you are saying. That must have been a terrible experience hun. No wonder you panic every time you hear sirens babe. I completely understand that. I do remember you telling me about that incident however you never had explained it in that much detail. 
I was 15 when it started and went on until we left the area when I was 17. He was the one that stole my virginity. I didn't have anyone I could have confided in and so till this day I have never spoken about it. You are the first to know. 
logically I now live far away from where he was last living, so logically it most likely isn't him but it just seems so damn real. I just don't understand if it's not him and it's my imagination, why my mind has created this now after all this time. I don't think anything as triggered it but I am not sure. Besides these episodes I have been having the past few months nothing else stands out. 
@Former-Member 

Lee82
Senior Contributor

Thank you so much for your concern hun. It has been dreadful. I don't know what's real and what's not. I only have the support of my forum family and my psychologist however she is on holidays at the moment so I haven't been able to contact her. 
how has your Saturday been hun? Have you heard from your boy? 
@Anastasia 

Sweetheart I hope you get the support from your pdoc soon. @Former-Member Is wonderful and supportive and way more insight to help than me xxx I'm sorry that that happened to you @Former-Member I really am xxx

@Lee82  I wish for this hell to be over for you soon. I really do xxx

My Saturday is good, a sleep in and now I'm cooking my parents their favourite cake. It's their 56th wedding anniversary and my bf and I are having dinner with them tonight. Yes my boy has rung once today and seems happy. He rang me a few times yesterday as well as my bf which was nice. He loves my bf who provides him genuine love and friendship, something that has taken my boy a long time to accept. Due to his relationship with his own father who does not accept or understand his mi I am eternally grateful for the love my bf shows to both my boys. And me for that matter as the last two years has been very tumultuous and he's hung around. Sorry for the tangent. Gosh I wish we could all have a real cuppa and catch up. Grateful for our forum family ❤️

Lee82
Senior Contributor

Oh wow 56 years is amazing. I don't think I know anyone who has stayed married for that long.

That is so nice of you and your BF to do that for your parents. I hope you have a lovely evening together and all goes well. 
How wonderful to hear about the relationship between your boys and your BF. That is very rear and lovely. They are very lucky. 
So happy to hear that your boys is doing well at his dads hun. 
My boys don't have a good relationship with their dad either. He has no time for them what so ever and doesn't treat them very nicely.  They hate going there and have now refused to go back. I have fought with them over it for the past 2 years and I can't do it anymore. I can't keep forcing them to go. 
@Anastasia 

Lee82
Senior Contributor

I hope you are ok beautiful?

@Former-Member 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Let's take out your "episode" because yes they happened before you saw him the first time. But everything else around him started that first night you saw him in the shopping center when you where still staying with your birth giver. Even if it was not him you saw the first time, the man obviously presented with enough similarities as your abuser that you freaked out and triggered you into the flashbacks around him and hence you are in a heightened state. I am currently making a Christmas for an old employer of mine and I can tell you now it's been triggering as my client and him have the same name. C-PTSD doesn't make sense, sometimes neither do the triggers but it doesn't have to make sense to logic mind, you just have to "ok, that triggered me" if you think you will forget before your next MH check in write it down and talk to your professionals about it. I have been told and I am not that good at it myself the more I fight what is happening to me the longer the recovery will be. 

I am ok my love, I have been sleeping off and on all afternoon @Lee82 

Lee82
Senior Contributor

That was definitely him at the shops that very first time. No mistaken it was his ugly smug face smiling at me. 
I will mention it to my psychologist next time I speak with her. It is definitely not something I can forget. I definitely can see that recovery would be longer when trying to make sense of things. I am still trying to make sense of everything that has happened. Trying to figure out why it happened to me. I am also always trying to understand it but I can't understand any of it. I cannot stop blaming myself for most of what happened to me. I try so hard but I punish myself all the time for most of it. 
C-PTSD is very complicated and there is so very much that contributes to it. How the hell are we suppose to get over it? 
I had the psychiatric hospital call me today to talk about my admission for EMDR therapy. Honey I don't know what I am going to do. The conversation has opened up a lot of wounds for me today and I am trying so hard to keep the monster away. I feel so lost and alone irl. I don't know what to do. 
@Former-Member 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Mel, can you play this YouTube music right now? If you can I will put mine on and we can listen to it together and then in real life you are not alone we will be doing the same thing together @Lee82 

https://youtu.be/ATwqxQAw69w

Lee82
Senior Contributor

Ok my love I am pressing play now 

@Former-Member 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance