Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

ariel1
Casual Contributor

Drag

I’ve just gotten back from Japan 🇯🇵 and it was wonderful but now I’m back in the real world and reducing my medication and resenting my sister and I’m scared of facing work and my busy life and I feel empty. I don’t want to be here not in a suicidal way and I love my partner but just in a way that I want to escape into fantasy that’s why I love watching movies

3 REPLIES 3
Tortoiseshell
Senior Contributor

Re: Drag

Hi @ariel1,

Welcome to the forums! It sounds like it has been a big adjustment being back from your travels in Japan. It must be hard going from those exiciting and new experiences to the challenges you're experiencing in your relationship with your sister and work. I'm sorry to hear you feel empty but glad you have some things you really enjoy like movies.

It's very brave of you to reach out here on the forums. I hope you find them a wonderfully supportive place. I know a few people have got back from travels recently, I wonder how you found the adjustment @Flying_Hams and @Shaz51?

Please feel free to explore the forums and introduce yourself here if you would like.

Welcome again and I hope to see you more on the forums Smiley Happy

Tortoiseshell

Hey there @ariel1
Welcome. The adjustment to things takes time. Best advice I can give is to say that it helps to speak to someone about it. A bit like you've done here.
Could you maybe try that?

hello @ariel1  and welcome

It does take time to read just back to real life

so glad you are here to talk to us , letting you know that you are not alone

one step at a time my friend and talking about things is good and to remember your own self care too

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance