Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Gypsy7
Senior Contributor

Drop in mood

Trying to tell myself it's everything that's been going on . Despair and suicide thoughts plague me when awake I slept today which is rare for me. Exhausted mentally hurt by last few months One thing after another. Alone now in home so doesn't matter to anyone now. I'm so tired if fighting. Do I picture my kids and see their happy faces. I'm tired of drama that is out of my control. Lost a lot lately. So low.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Drop in mood

@Gypsy7. Sorry I don't know your story. I've been away for a few months.
Sounds like everything is crumbling on you at the moment.
Good that you got some sleep in today. Do you think you could fall asleep tonight and try to switch off your brain until tomorrow morning?
Sometimes sleep makes a big difference in our moods or our level of moods.
Lunar
Senior Contributor

Hello @Gypsy7

It seems like you have had a really tough last few months with feeling emotionally hurt and not in control of things, that is not nice at all so it is good that you are reaching out for some support for all of that here.

I have found some other threads to do with mood, like @Crazy_Bug_Lady 'Mood Journal'.

There is also another great thread by @missyj32 'here' who is also another members who has children that you might like to read through.

There was also a topic tuesday about 'Emotional Wellbeing for Parents'

Keep us updated and reaching out

Lunar

@Gypsy7 sorry to hear you are feeling so flsttened and despairing. You have reached out which is awesome. It helps me at times like this to try to wrangle my wayward brain and thoughts into the present. I sit and look at objects in my room. Calm my breathing and come fully into the moment as i name each "thing ". Sometimes just 5 minutes if this gives my mind a break from the bever ending self crticisim and suicidal ideation. Once my breathing and thinking are calmer.. i might do the dishes or clean the bathroom. All the while bringing my attention back to the moment. Sometimes as i go to bed i tell myself i got this far and msy i be calm when i wake in the morning. Some times i veg out to tv. I hop you can find some peace inside.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance