Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Butterfly28
Casual Contributor

Feeling broken?

Hi I'm new here, I'm a mum of two. One child has very complex special needs. I feel like everything I touch turns bad or I fail. My partner and I have been together 2 years and the last 12 months everything is an effort. We argue more. Its like we have lost the spark. His son (10) is nasty and manipulative and I see straight thru him where his father doesn't. I also have a special needs boy (7) who I struggle with daily due to doing most things for him as he can not. My daughter (12) is being bullied at school. Im failing my two bio kids. I feel like I walk on egg shells trying to please everyone every day. I cry every day. I ask myself every day do I take my kids and run away? Do I run away on my own? I am still hurt from my marriage break down 4 years ago. Its like my heart is broken and I can't fix it. The sadness some days consumes me. How do I cope? How do I fix things? How do I lift the pressure of doing everything for everyone and not getting much in return? Am I broken?

12 REPLIES 12
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Feeling broken?

Hi @Butterfly28, thank you so much for reaching out. I hear you when you say you're going through a lot. I hope you'll be able to connect with some others here on the forums who are going through, or who have been through, similar things.

It sounds like some help would be useful for you, so I'm going to link you to this resource on supports available, which includes supports specifically for carers. I encourage you to keep reaching out whenever you need it Heart

hello @Butterfly28 

how are you today 

letting you know that you are not alone my friend 

here are some links you can click onto and have a look

Carers Hints and tips to Success 

The Virtual Village - a space for parenting 'stuff' 

8 dimensions of wellness 

also tag some members for you @greenpea , @Former-Member , @Anastasia@Faith-and-Hope , @Former-Member 

Thanks for tagging me @Shaz51 ❤️

Hello @Butterfly28 and welcome. I'm glad you found us! I hear you hunny. No you're not broken I promise. You have alot on your plate. I'm sure you are a warrior xxx

I'm a single mum and have been with my bf for three years. The last two have been a blur and why he keeps me is beyond me...anyway. 

I care for my 20 year old boy, which takes most of my energy.

I'd love to stay in touch, here's some social threads that are nice to take you away from reality Re: Good Morning! Sunday Funday Self care by growing a garden 💞

@Former-Member 👋

Hey hun xx

I'm a carer of two special needs children - one is 11 with severe, non verbal autism, the other is 15 with mild autism. I have anxiety and depression. So I understand, we have to get through our own stuff to be on top of the world for the children - because as you know, they pick up on everything. It's a tough gig. I wish I had the answers too. Unfortunately I don't have any advice (as I need it too) on how to cheer us up. But I wanted you to know that you're not alone and there are plenty of us out here to support you. That's one thing I've struggled with over the years is that feeling of aloneness and why me? Someone told me we're the chosen ones. That somehow helps me a little. But please always express how you're feeling, you need to. I tell many people whether they want to hear it or not. It is hard though with the special ones, hearing about neurotypical achievements, holidays, outings, etc. Heck, my 11 will barely even wear clothes - big challenge this one is. You are loved, you are brave and you are needed!!!

Thank you for your reply. My son is only 7 but between working part time appointments and caring for him plus time for other two children and partner life is crazy and so overwhelming. Nice to know someone gets it. Would like to keep in touch too.

Hi Sarah.... you explain how I feel daily. Being surrounded by family but still feeling incredibly lonely. Staying strong is so hard some days... my son is 7 and non verbal and needs help with all personal care. He is getting so big and so heavy I feel I struggle more now then I did few years ago. Nice to know im not the only mum feeling this way but wish so much support for us was easier to find and afford. Please stay in touch. Kelly

Thank you xx

Thank you x

Hi @Butterfly28 

A very warm welcome to the SANE forums. Thanks for telling us a little about yourself. I am sure our wonderful members will be able to offer you a lot of support, information and connection.

I am the moderator this evening and feel free to ask a moderator or the other members if you are needing help with how to use the forums. If you add a @ before a member's name or the word 'moderator' they will be notified that you have mentioned then; as I have done for you above. And here is a link to the guidelines where you can find directions about what to post and not post -

https://saneforums.org/t5/help/faqpage/title/community-guidelines

cheers

Whitehawk

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance