Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Kit888
Casual Contributor

Feeling defeated

Hi, things have been really tough for quite sometime now and even though I have struggled alot at times, I have held on and continued to fight waiting for a break to come, for things to ease up, for things not to be so hard but it just never seems to come. 

Everyday lately just seems to be getting harder and harder and no matter what I do, I can't seem to change it or get out of this rut. My physical health is declining which is having a huge impact on me mentally, I don't want to be sick and in pain anymore and the fear of the unknown about it all, has taken a huge toll on me lately too. 

I'm over being depressed everyday and feeling so alone. I'm done reaching out for support only to have the door shut in my face, over and over. I'm sick of feeling like I have no purpose in this world, that I am now only here suffering each day for the benefit of others. 

I am trying but I am tired 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Feeling defeated

Hi @Kit888

I'm hearing your exhaustion. I can't imagine how hard it would be having physical health decline, knowing what you had versus now, and I hear your frustration too. Understandable and certainly valid. It's a rough road to navigate, though I hope you'll find others here on the Forums to ride along with you. Feel free to vent and reach out as needed, but also don't hesitate to reach out for more immediate support if these feelings start to become too overwhelming- there's Lifeline (13 11 14) or Sane also has a Helpcentre you can access between 10am & 10pm Mon-Fri if you'd just like to chat to someone 1:1 non-urgently. I hope things feel a little better soon.  

life is a struggle for me. thanks for your post. I feel like giving up I put one foot than another foot because of my husband & family even though they are not there to support me when I struggling. I don't do it for myself when I have been so suicidal. I do it for my husband & so much sadness. I'm tired I rest in bed nearly all day & I feel better. Sometimes I'm in bed for 2 days & just get up to drink & bathroom. My family have thier own lives but I have my husband & supports in place & I was so sick nearly four years & I was in hospital er a month ago. It does get better 

Hi @Kit888 

Feeling for your troubles. As @EgaleWhale said, physical illness and the pain that comes with it really can take a big toll on our mental health. I have two chronic illness that have wrecked my life at various times too.

Wondering if you have a supportive GP who may be able to help you with the deepening struggle you describe.You may benefit from some psychology sessions that can be accessed through GPs and Medicare subsidised. I have ongoing psych sessions that are actually free, though that depends on the individual psychologist, some of them charge a small amount on top of the Medicare amount.

Are there family members or friends who you can talk to so you feel less alone? Even if not, this forum has been a life saver for many in similar situations. One of the especially good things about here is that there are so many people who understand how it feels.

May you very soon find some relief from what you are going through.

Feeling for you Kit. Sending love, hugs and encouragement 

roses 🌹 

Hello @Kit888 , I can relate to what you've said. Chronic illness and chronic pain are so debilitating.

I don't know from one day to the next what I might or might not be able to do.

A lot of people say it gets better, and is some ways, one or another part of things might get better, and that allows me to do something different in that day.  

I wish it did get completely better, but my physical situation isn't going to, and living with that is something I work on from day to day.

Mentally things have crumbled due to pain and incapacity too. I've tried all the doors for help too, and they have closed one after the other, until there's nothing left but myself to depend on for helpful ideas. 

My gp was going to get some care package for me this year, but it's not worth the co-pay amount for me to get it ... and they won't clean the way I want it done anyway. 

I'm slowly reducing all the things around me to make managing easier on myself so I can take some pleasure in very small things, like my plants or a tasty biscuit I've managed to make.

I am no longer responsible for anyone, no one depends on me for anything, so it is lonely at times, but that means I don't have to buckle to someone else's demands, and that makes things easier to manage. 

I've learned, and accepted that happiness is a fleeting thing, found in moments. 

Like you, I'm trying, and it is very tiring. 

I hope can find some bright uplifting moments, no matter how small. Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance