Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Finding hope in the face of depression and loneliness

Thanks lisajane for your lovely reply and so sorry for the late response by me (it's been a rough couple of days). 

First of all, I hope that despite your current circumstances that you and your kids were able to enjoy Christmas at least a little bit - living in a shelter would be so incredibly hard, but from your messages I can see how you must be so brave and resilient to be coping with all of these things going on! Definitely an inspiration! 

I agree with you about how a good psychologist is really important. I am very lucky that I managed to find a really good psychologist who I feel supported by and who I feel really understands me. I am glad that you have found such a wonderful psych too! What do you want to do for work? Do you plan on going back to teaching? That must be such a rewarding and fulfilling job (even though I can imagine it must be stressful at times!). I'm doing my PhD in psychology at the moment... it's good, but I think at the moment with my mental health I am finding it quite hard to maintain the motivation that I used to have in regards to completing my thesis. I'm really hoping though, that next year if I end up starting on medication maybe it will help give me that extra boost to get back to my normal self! 

Re: Finding hope in the face of depression and loneliness

Am glad you have a psych who understands!
Yes it's hard to maintain that focus and concentration on studies when you're feeling low. But I hope that you are able to get back on track with your thesis in the new year. I found studying gave me a bit of a purpose and something to work towards - deadlines are good motivators sometimes! Hope you've got an understanding supervisor who is helpful.
I know medication has been an important part of my journey but I think it's great that you've got those other skills and strategies as well.. Those are the things I'm working on haha!
Lj
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance