Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Health anxiety help

Hi @Jaz5. So good to see the understanding support here. I hope it helps to know you're not alone with all of this.

I don't have experience with health anxiety but I noticed you mention you feel like you're doing a bad job as a mum which is something I relate to. I find the challenges of parenting/running a household and MH stuff really hard to juggle at times. It can be so exhausting 🙁 It sounds like you're maybe a bit burnt out which is so understandable given all you're managing. The stress really can catch up on you, as you said.

Do you have any time to yourself or chance to take a break from everything? How many kids do you have, if you feel like sharing?

Keep talking if it helps (it helps me to talk with people who get it).

@CheerBear its very tough for sure.  I was starting to think I'm just burnt out and stressed but could that cause all these symptoms Aswel? That why I put it down to my anxiety because of the symptoms. But I'm not enjoying stuff like I did. I'm finding it a struggle to get up in the morning and go to work I'm a direct care worker for the Disabled and that's tough aswel plus have 3 boys. My oldest is 14 and youngest is 8. It does really help to talk and I feel great full to have people to talk to on here 

Hi again @Jaz5 . I am not sure whether all of your symptoms could be explained by burn out and stress but I know stress, like anxiety, can cause all kinds of issues for me and has a real impact on me physically. How long have you been feeling like this?

You have heaps to deal with and it sounds like there are lots of demands in your life. Work sounds like it could be really challenging in a few ways. I know how demanding kids that age can be too (our kids are similar ages). I don't know if you find the same thing, but I find it difficult at times to manage their needs while they are in these different stages. It feels like they all need me in completely different ways which can really stretch me. Is your husband aware of how you've been going?

I found a SANE blog post on burnout here. It might have some info in it worth checking out if you're interested. Edit to add that this blog post is about caring for someone with a mental illness but it also applies to caring in general which parents do so much of plus your work sounds like it's a caring role too. 

@CheerBear i read  the blog and this is most definitely me. 
after reading a few things online makes me wonder if it is my anxiety or I am just stressed and burnout? I've recently been to the doctors and got a blood test as I have them roughly 6-12months due to being low iron and b12 

and it came up nothing major my cholesterol was a tad up but nothing major and I had a virus which was just sinuses. So other then that I'm healthy. 

ive been feeling like this for around 3 weeks now I went on a little 4 day break with my family and by the second day I started feeling good no headaches, no dizzyness it was great 

then 2 days being back at work they start up again. 

im the same with my children and my oldest has been in trouble at school being suspended ect. 
I really think I need a break and I've got to try and hang out to Xmas time as I get 2 weeks so that will really help me 

There's a lot in that blog post I relate too also @Jaz5. Too much stress and finding yourself run down can make even simple things difficult and bigger things feel really hard/not possible. It's interesting that you noticed things felt better with a bit of time out and a break. There might be something in that.

How do you feel about speaking with a GP about stress and burnout? Is there anything you find enjoyable/ relaxing/time out-ish? I like doing crafty stuff. It takes my mind off things, gives me some quiet time to myself and feels calming.

Sorry to hear your older one has been having trouble at school. That must be really tough 🙁

I'm with you in feeling like I just have to get through until Christmas now. It's often like a hump I need to get to and through. I find from around this time of the year until then it seems to get busier and more stressful, my kids turn feral, there's lots on for everyone etc. unfortunately though. It can be a real challenge and stretch. Having two weeks after it all to look forward to sounds really good ❤

@CheerBear 

@I'm glad I'm not the only one even though it sucks other people are dealing with this also. 
I haven't mentioned a few things about my son but he has got an appointment at head space to have  youth counseling. So that is another stress added. The more I talk about it the more I really think I am stressed and exhausted and need a break and I think the symptoms I'm getting from this is leading to anxiety and worry 

it's one big vicious cycle 😫 

yes Xmas turns everyone feral and I haven't had a decent break from work since Easter time.   So I do think all I need is time away from work to chill and I've been working 5-6 days a week since then. I mean so does everyone else but I just seem to struggle 

Thanks for all the support everyone I really appreciate it 

Hello @Jaz5 im really glad @CheerBear has shared her experiences with you.
I actually forgot about stress and burnout as a source of anxiety as well. thanks CB for adding that blog post here too.

I hope that with your sons counselling itll help you as well. I don't have kids but I have younger siblings who are often in my care. the worry that comes from worrying about the kids can be quite overwhelming esp when we don't know how to help them.

Christmas is a struggle for so many both with and without kids. its no wonder why they call it 'the silly season' 😣 a 2 week break sounds good. Do you think you could plan some things to do just for yourself even something simple like getting your hair or nails done, or buying a new outfit, a painting class? I know itll be school holidays but maybe someone could watch the kids for a while- a family member or even a hired babysitter for a little while?

@BlueBay @Owlunar @frog maybe you guys could offer some advice too

@outlander  thank you aswel I do appreciate it all. I will take sometime to myself over the Xmas break just for myself. Thanks for the advice 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance