Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Here I am

Hey @Pingu It is hard to establish those routines but you are doing so well. Exercise is something I need to get back into but with my back still not right I need to see my physio first then go from there. 

I understand your reservations and feelings about yourself in regard to the volunteering role you have been asked to undertake - we are our harshest critics and when we have self-esteem issues it is really hard to think we are doing a good job or that we are seen as worthy of such roles - but they must indeed see your worth and value to ask you to do that. Finding that belief in yourself is hard but they see it and you can work from there.

Life indeed does feel like we are imposters in this world at times - especially when we have been so unwell for so long ...it is hard to accept the newer 'version' of ourselves or that we are well enough to feel how far forward we have moved. It takes time to accept the positives in our life but I hope that you can see your own worth and how far you have come. Keep doing what you are doing because it seems that it is not only working but you are actually thriving. Smiley Very Happy

Hi @Zoe7 @greenpea @Appleblossom @DesertRat 

Thanks @Zoe7 for your thoughtful reply

I really took a lot away from it. I hope you can work towards some goals with your physio and maybe even talk about some adapted or graded exercise you can do with your injury.

I'm feeling quite worries today.

I have a lot more on my plate than usual.. even tho it wouldn't seem like a lot to some. 

I am flying tomorrow for a 5 day break with a friend up the coast. 

My first concern this morning was the corona virus... I don't think I have anything to really worry about as they are not grounding flights or making any warnings about flights... so just going to have hand sanitizer with me and hope for the best..

I am volunteering again this afternoon.. this will be my 8th shift in 10 days. I'm very proud of my self for turning up but I must admit I'm feeling like canceling this afternoon. Tonight I have the committee meeting where I am to talk about my self for about 5 minutes to the committee.. for them to see if they want me part of it.. highly stressful. And also why I can't bail on my volunteering duties this afternoon. 

I went to the second week of my exercise/wellbeing class yesterday and it was good. I'm glad I'm doing it and have shown up two weeks in a row. I achieved the exercise goal I had for last week and set a new goal for this week... 

I am so exhausted though

It's good because it means I'm pushing myself out of my comfort zone which what I'll have to do when I start working again. 

But really all I want to do today is stay in bed and sleep. 

I will have to find a grey area in that and mayne do some resting and some productivity.. I have already canceled a commitment I made for today - another room inspection.. I was going to do in between my volunteering shift and the committee meeting.. 

Yesterday I tried to fit too much in and had to cancel something last minute which wasted their time... I was going to meet a potential employer to see her clinic and talk.. a bit like an interview.. It was nearly an hour away and I was running 15 minutes late then 20 minutes .. and by the time I was in the car and put the address in Google maps I was going to be really late with traffic being bad.. and I had to get back into the city for this exercise class.. I didn't want to miss that so I canceled the meeting.. she was disappointed as was I. 

But perhaps for the best as I wouldn't be able to manage a commute like that! 

Also.. it's going to be raining everywhere during my holiday.. which I had planned to do outdoorsy activities like beach and waterfalls. .. 

Not to worry a change of scenery and getting out of the city will still be a holiday 

Hey @Pingu I already have exercises I do for my back but impossible to do them when the pain is severe or I have limited movement. It is much better this week than it has been though so that is positive.

I hope you have a great holiday - take the necessary precautions with hand washing etc. but enjoy your break with your friend.

You have volunteered a lot this past couple of weeks which is awesome - and yes you should be proud of yourself for doing that.

I hope the committee meeting went well. % minutes talking about ourselves seems like an eternity when we lack confidence or the ability to see the good within ourselves but I hope you got through it, they see your worth and want you as part of this committee.

Great that you reached your exercise goal for last week too - it is wonderful when we achieve something we set out to do - now look forward to achieving the next weeks goal ...no doubt you will do it 👍

Pushing ourselves out of our comfort zone is a major step forward - so well done you. It is sometimes hard enough getting up and facing the day so to be doing so much is such a positive move forward for you. Keep it up as it is only by pushing ourselves to do the things we really do not want to do that we learn and grow. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance