Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: How I am going

Hey @Former-Member
I think youbare reasonably close to me in age aren't you?

I have found Facebook to one of the most toxic things of the last couple of years. I think it conditions us into thinking about things that don't necessarily matter.
I think its online harassment yes. It sucks that people didn't accept your diagnosis and I'm sorry to hear that.

I have found that I need to balance myself between old friends and new ones because my life is at a weird stage.

The employment prospects and competition nature of finding jobs exhausts me. I accept that it's just part of how things are. But then I am finding myself wondering if I want to even stay in a place where this is how competitive it can be.

I'm struggling with work ideas as well my friend. You're not alone in that.

Its easier to make new friend when you have direction and purpose and I think it can be hard to have that when you are feeling at odds with yourself. These days I am at odds with myself. Much too much.
So half my time is spent between trying to implement better self image and better self talk and the other half is finding direction and meaningful work
Former-Member
Not applicable

Yeah near the same age @Flying_Hams and thanks for that, I have to careless more  that's what I'm working on and not letting people get to me, all sticks and stones. Though it's hard when I overthink, and focus on negatives something else I gotta work on. Though I reckon if I focus on the little things which are positive I'll be fine.

I'm 28 @Former-Member
Yeah I agree.
I have friends. O just don't see them much and they are dwindling in terms of numbers. Lockdown has been very hard on me in that regard.
I am trying to branch out after lockdown

I think focusing our positivity on the smaller things is probably the best option you know. Those are thing within our vicinity and grasp. The types of things which can be solidifying.
Rather than making my fulfilment contingent on something I can't control
Former-Member
Not applicable

33 @Flying_Hams I feel too much recently with the meds change which is good, but when something negative happens it changes me for a while which never used to happen... recently I've felt sad, angry, unsure, helpless... and if I react I look like I'm the bad guy... I hope you find what you're looking for and I remember you saying something in regards of I didn't ask for this, but this is me now...case of Chinese whispers I know... something I'm liking about my self is finding myself through this .... probably can't write as good as you but yeah thanks for listening have a good evening 

itsjustme1

Former-Member
Not applicable

And thanks @Clawde hope you're well

I am finding the same is happening to me actually @Former-Member
I enjoy seeing you around the forums and always feel we can relate to each other
take care of yourself and see you around
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Flying_Hams here if you need 

itsjustme1

hello and hugs @Former-Member , @Flying_Hams@cloudcore@pinklollipop15 Heart

how are you going tonight my friends 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @Shaz51 going good, waiting to watch homeland on Netflix and have a late dinner, wbu?

Hey @Former-Member , watching ambulance and  then going to bed , Sooo tired 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance