Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: How did people respond/behave after an attempt?

Just checking in on you, how are you? Are you safe? Anything i can do? @Daisies 

Hello to all of you too @Maggie @Lilaca @Rainforest 

Hi @Former-Member  💜💜💜

@Maggie how are you?

Not too bad @Former-Member . I’ve just finished a bit of painting. What have you been up too?

@Daisies @Former-Member 

Hey hey,

I hope both of you are ok..You would be doing us all a favour by not attempting self harm. It hurts you as much as it would hurt others around you. You would understand this when you see others doing the same and you feel the pain in your heart. That's not the kind of world we should live in. 

I think it's a great idea of @Former-Member  to check in on everyone daily.

If you could post how you are feeling everyday, perhaps we could cheer you all the way till we see rainbow after the storm. Even if it's just with words of encouragements. Smiley Happy

Take care all! Smiley HappyHeart

Hi @Daisies 

I can't tell you how I would feel had I done anything to injure myself deliberately in any way but I do know what it feels like to have someone I loved and valued take his own life and it's heart-breaking

After my son had made an attempt he could hardly keep what he had done a secret but "I know about the bear" - any attempt to talk to him about it was met by anger and evasion and being shut out of his pain like that was very hard - and of course he wanted his privacy but a suicide attempt is hardly a private matter - and completion of the act in his case was a huge impact on so many people and many of them teenagers - boys and girls - and in all the years since I have had people approach me to talk about it - 

You may feel that people are afraid of you and also - because your husband is talking about it with other people and needs their support - you feel betrayed. That's okay because they are shocked and scared and don't know what to do

Completed suicide in not a private act where the pain ends - it's very public and a lot of people are hurt and that pain will continue for years to come

Okay - I hear you - you want to know what other people have experienced after a suicide attempt - and I am telling you what I experienced when the act was completed. Terrible grief. Immeasable loss. Your life is valuable and unique - you only have this life and there is never going to be someone else like you - you would be depriving the society of your presence and this is terribly sad

I hope you can find some peace - you need to find the value of your own life somehow - I am trying to work out how people have that value - I have it - I know - but I didn't always

The path is rough and tough and I wish you the best on your journey - a journey btw which would cease if you succeeded and I would be sad about that

Please keep going

Dec

@Owlunar   Thank you so much for sharing. I am really struggling to understand the effects from someone else's point of view so thank you. I am so sorry for your pain, and for losing your son. Losing a child (no matter the age) is my worst nightmare and you've lived that.

Your statement, "Completed suicide in not a private act where the pain ends - it's very public and a lot of people are hurt and that pain will continue for years to come.' helps me understand.

I really appreciate your input.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance