Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

Please be careful with having too many energy drinks with your medication @Captain24 - they can have an effect on your heart. Speak to the GP if things don't seem too good.

I didn't have a good sleep last night either. I kept hearing voices... I don't mean 'hearing voices' as in psychosis... but I went out in the morning with some people and one of the kids had such an annnnnnooooyyyyyiiiinnngly high and squeaky voice! It was so irritating! So while trying to sleep, I kept hearing this kid's voice! eeerrrggghhh. I hear it now just thinking about it!

I'm glad I don't have my own kids or I'll be hearing their voices all night! Or maybe I'll become immune to it?

I'll speak to you when you finish your shift @Captain24 - all the best.

Just do what you can. Stay safe,

tyme

Hey @tyme @I’ve not long gotten home. I didn’t know that about energy drinks and meds. The way I’m feeling right now it’s probably not a good thing to know! Lol. I see the MH nurse and the therapist next week so I’ll talk to them. 

Im hoping it’s just that I’m tired after a long night shift and not the best sleep prep before. 

I can stand high pitch whining voices if kids! I’m not a kid fan so it’s probably lucky that I didn’t have them. 

I hope you slept better last night.

I’m off to bed now hoping that I can get a decent sleep as I have 2 more nights to go. 

Currently feeling really dark and don’t want to be here. But I will keep going as I know there may be better days ahead. 

Hi @Captain24 , sorry to hear you are feeling this way. Its positive that you keep going and know better days are ahead. When we haven't slept well it can really affect our mood and MH. Know that  we are around to support you. 

Take care of yourself

Regards Traveller (mod)

Thanks @traveller 

Hopefully I sleep better today so night shift is easier tonight and hopefully my mood lifts. I hate this feeling of just wanting it to end

I managed to have a fantastic sleep today and have woken up in a much better place than I was I’m when I got home this morning. I feel like I can take on the world tonight! 

I need this today and for anyone passing through 

D8DC8BCA-9FC9-459A-816E-F509DF32096A.jpeg

All the best with your shift @Captain24 ! I'm glad you hear you had a good sleep. I had a pretty good sleep last night but woke up with a headache - maybe my body wasn't used to getting that much sleep! LOL. (It was about 6 hrs). But much better than not sleeping for the past two nights! I've taken some pain-killers so hopefully the headache goes.

Speak soon, tyme

Sorry to hear you are not sleeping well @tyme . Do you have something on your mind or is it just normal for you? i hope your headache eased. I don’t function well unless I have about 8hrs. 

The block of shifts went ok. It rained for the 3 nights straight. Which meant the roads were extremely wet and pretty slippery. I can drift a 300t dump truck pretty well! I did hurt my back though because of the rough condition of the roads but such is life when you are getting old. 

Of the 69.5 hours in 6 days I did 68 of them. I least early on the last on because of my back. It the most I have done since May. That’s a pretty big achievement. I am pretty proud. I did feel pretty low when I finished the night shifts. I can now see it was because I was overtired. 

Hoping you are feeling well. 

Captain24

I am not ok. Just have to hope it’s because I’m tired. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance