Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

IDontEvenKnow
New Contributor

I dont know what im dealing with rn

so i had no other ideas what to do. i dont even know if this is what this site is for. anyway if not sorry. i dont know whats happening, can someone please help? im always feeling nothing its like i just cant feel yet i still manage to pretend and sometimes i can almost trick myself into thinking i am actually happy when in reality i know im not actually. i have a psychologist but i cant talk to her about it cause it sounds stupid. this feeling of nothingness never goes away and it doesnt help i dont have that many friends and i hear people talking bad about people i care about. i cant deal with this. can someone please help?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: I dont know what im dealing with rn

Hi @IDontEvenKnow 

Welcome to the forums, I have just moved your post across to the Lived Experienced side of the forums as it seemed more suited to that area rather than the carers. It can be a bit overwhelming when you first reach out in a new space like this but its something to be really proud of that you have. 

I think I saw that you have another thread here i dont know im new so what im feeling at the moment i guess? and you have had some replies. There are definitely plenty of people that can understand what you are going through and here to support you. It definitely doesn't sound stupid and while it can be hard to share these things out loud with others such as your psychologist it can also be really beneficial to express them so they can help you. Would you consider trying to talk to her more?

Hi @IDontEvenKnow ,

Thanks for your post and sharing your thoughts.  I would encourage you to try and talk to your psychologist, it's not easy to sometimes, but, it might help to get someone elses perspective that is a professional.

It doesn't sound silly to Me and I think many of here can probably relate to some of what you are feeling and going through.  Do you have any hobbies that make you feel good?  What do you do to relax?  There is a thread here Coping Box that may help a little. 

Welcome to the forum, a quick tip is to press the @ sign and give you a list, putting that in front of a 'name' will notify them of your reply , like I did with yours.

@IDontEvenKnow  Welcome and congratulations for sharing. It's easy to underestimate how brave that is!

Here's hoping it's a first step towards improvement. For me it was one of the most difficult but most rewarding steps. Fingers crossed it helps you too.

Please know you're not alone.

I, and no doubt many others, can relate to what you describe. 

I felt scared, silly, stupid, confused, lost, embarrassed and a range of other awful feelings that made things hard to talk about. But when I managed to share it with a professional (such as your psychologist) it helped me start to understand why I felt how I did and - most importantly - what might help me feel a bit better.

Even just getting off my chest felt like a weight had been lifted.

But I get that it's hard.

Might it help to consider that your psychologist has probably heard similar things before - so to them it most likely won't sound silly at all? Or perhaps to consider telling your psychologist just a tiny something to start with? Might sharing a small snippet feel more achievable?

Whatever you decide, please know you're not alone and you're not the only one who's worried about something sounding silly - or who's struggled to understand what they're dealing with. I've often felt like I didn't even know which way was up!! But things can improve - and I really hope they do for you.

Sending support and best wishes,

GTT

Hearing you @IDontEvenKnow 

feeling bad when people talk about people you care about.  I know that one well.

Heart

This forum is a work in progress of all the brave and wonderful people who take the risk to post.

Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance