Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I feel terrible

thanks for the prompt @Alessandra1992 

Lifeline 13 11 14 (24/7)

Suicide call back service 1300 659 467 (national, 10-8.30 EST, 7 days)

Suicide line 1300 651 251 (vic., 24/7)

Mensline 1300 789 978 (national, 24/7)

Mental Health Advice Line 1300 280 737 (vic. 24/7)

Kids Helpline 1300 789 978 (national, 24/7)

Sandy, thank you for, the virtual hug, and for the gentle kick in the butt, sometimes I know whe all need one to get us to attempt to move on.  “We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.”

Sandy again thank you,

loopy

Hey @Loopy, I am just glad you are getting over the flu..getting physically I'll with colds and viruses of any kind wreaks havoc on most people, but can really impact on my anxiety too! Keep up the warm fluids and keep on listing. Your way of writing in the vernacular is just brilliant! Love your phrases!!
Virtual hugs to you

@Loopy are you feeling any better physically or mentally? My life swings constantly around so I like your comment re. " Full of wisdom one day and full of hopelessness the rest"
You add so much to this forum, your wisdom, your honesty, your obvious intelligence. You have helped people so hopefully we can now support you a bit.

Sandy, and everyone else, I thank you for your support and compliments, I wish the verses quoted were mine but I actually seek them out and pick the ones that suit the moment. Sandy, your virtual hugs are extremely gratifying, every body needs at least a hug a day. Actually in the movie Bad Boys my favourite word to calm someone down was " Woosa". I actually walked up to a group of young ones, stressed out, and told them to settle, then I did the action and said "woosa" and they all simultaneously started to laugh. My good deed for the day was done.

In your terminology, virtual "hug and love" to everyone. This forum has made my life more bearable and for that I thank you from thebottom of my tired old heart.

loopy.

Uggbootdiva, another quote. "Strong people don't put others down........ They lift them up."

Michael.P.Watson.

loopy.

Uggbootdiva, and everybody else, must be a time for reflection and/or inward looking. I hate to be the one to break the silence but I , honestly, miss the banter. But if you all feel a bit jaded, as I do and have for over a week, it is no wonder the forum has gone quiet. I hope that everyone is "safe" and healthy albeit under the horrible effects of MI. 

" I would like to start over, please." Author unknown".

loopy

Hi Loopy. When I get stuck in my own crap I do like to roam this forum. It too helps me not feel so alone in this nightmarish exsistance we call life. Yeah its morning and I'm feeling negative. I know i have lost hope. I am in WA and the time difference is sometimes annoying

@peaceI hope these forums give you more hope.

It saddens me that you have lost hope 😞

Please be sure to use the contact numbers @-karma- posted above if things get too much.

Hey @coffeegirl , @Loopy , @peace..it is tricky when any of us feel hopeless, but I am heartened by "if there is hope for anyone, there is hope for me, and if there is hope for me then there is hope for anyone"
This forum is a great space to read other people stories' and they give me great hope... @loopy, I have always enjoyed how you reflect on the friendship you have found with your veteran friends..
@peace do you find your mood sometimes improves as the day unfolds? I remember well the days of wishing it was night time so I could go back to bed.. The only time my brain shut up and my feelings shut up was when I was asleep..joining a mutual peer support group really helped me to regain my life.. In that I wasn't wishing the days away..slowly life improves....
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance