Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Inpatient with an eating disorder

@The-red-centaur  know that I am sitting there with you. I will be here for awhile longer this morning and can talk with you as long as you want. I know the feeling of lack of control and how controlling eating helps. I know that feeling well believe me.....  you are a funny, kind person The-red-centaur I remember all the talks we have had in the middle of the night regarding your wonderful art work and your music. You have alot to offer the world you know that dont you. 

Thanks @greenpea

I'm just struggling so much with this. I ended up using lifelines texting service last night. I've decided I'm going to show the conversation to my counselor when she visits today so she can understand some of my fears and see how much I'm struggling with food. I can't believe it got this bad this fast.

One song I've been interested in lately is the new song by icon for hire called hollow....the song clip is pretty interesting too.

One thing keeping me going is icon for hire is releasing a new album at the beginning of the year.
I'm going to be in hospital for a few more months so it's something to look forward to.

I have 3 more surgeries booked in over the next 3 months then I have to go to rehab which I'm really scared about.

@The-red-centaur I will look for the song :). I think it is a good idea that you will be showing your counsellor the texts. It is important that they know how scared you are about all of this. You have so much going on. 3 operations over the next 3 months is huge and then rehab .... just try to take it day by day and not think too far in front although I know that is easier said than done.

You have so much support here on the forums.  We will all go with you on this journey and you will come out on the other side a stronger The-red-centaur. You can do this :)xxx

@greenoea I don't know how to get through this 😭

Hope you are doing okay @The-red-centaur 

@Gazza75
I'm kinda hypomanic today, the lack of sleep has sent me overtired. I have too much energy and I don't know what to do with it. Physio was hard today, I pushed myself too hard because of the mood and now I'm regretting it.
I haven't eaten in a while though.

I'm not doing the dinner thing again...

hey @The-red-centaur sorry its taken me abit to come back.

when you've had something for so long whether that be a mental or physical illness its very hard to see a life without it. Scary even.

if its possible could you have a chat to the nurses and request some of your safe foods? something you feel ok about eating like maybe vegetarian options, fruits or vegies that are healthy and would feel ok with having?

when my ED is really bad I have a list of safe foods. these to me are the only things I feel ok with.

@outlander my current list of safe foods is 0. Eating anything is too much. I'm still crying over the fact I didn't completely fast all day because I had 1 biscuit with my cuppa for supper.

I can't talk to the nurses too. I tried talking to my counselor today. She's worried about me now.

that's so tough @The-red-centaur
im glad that your counsellor is looking out for you though and the nurses although seem unhelpful are trying too.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance