Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

M-F-Lichtenstei
Casual Contributor

Looking after ourselves

Hi

i feel complete lack of faith in the system it has ruined my life and I feel like a statistic . I have to go to court for something happening in my psychosis and they keep adjourning feel like my life little meaning . 

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Looking after ourselves

Hey @M-F-Lichtenstei 

I am so sorry to hear how tough things are right now. It sounds like you have had some not-so-nice experiences with the mental health/court/legal system (something many of us can relate to) and it can certainly leave us feeling pretty disempowered and helpless.

Despite how the system can leave us feeling, you are a worthwhile and meaningful individual who deserves respect and support. You are more than a statistic.

While we can't solve everything, we are sitting with you here now - Please know that you are not alone 💛 

Kind regards

Peregrinefalcon 

I’m sorry to hear you have lost faith in a system that was supposed to help you @M-F-Lichtenstei . 

There have been so many similar stories as well as stories where the system has been helpful.

I have had experiences of both. I was let down by some, and I was helped by others. All I can say is that when I sought action for the wrong that was done to me, it brought closure so I could move on. I didn’t seek do it to ‘punish’ those that hurt me, but rather, to raise awareness so that it wouldn’t happen again. From what did happen, a few reforms were made to the associated service. 

Moving on, I was helped in the public system - more than I could ask for. 

From my experiences, it’s good to know that just because one part failed, it doesn’t mean it’s the whole system. It’s about finding what works and leaving behind the rest.

Best wishes.

Hi there @M-F-Lichtenstei 

I'm so sorry to hear your experience with the system was so awful. You may be interested in having your voice here 

I used to work in community mental health and it's not an uncommon experience, sadly.  That said, many people find the system works for them. But your feelings are definitely valid. 

Best wishes

Hanami

Hi @M-F-Lichtenstei ,

how are you today? Thinking of you.

Hi

i just binged I also have disordered eating. Because of my psychosis I got let out of hospital early only stayed in overnight with no medication dispensed and was recovering from  sexual assault. I wasn’t thinking properly and got charged with a minor form of assault . It could have been prevented if I didn’t leave hospital early. I really wasn’t well. Know my job is at risk my clearance check for my job is at risk I felt like I have lost everything 

Hi 

I am trying to get into a clinic for help went to ED 

just want to fulfil my mums legacy it’s important to me things have become so complex that has got in the way 

I hope you are okay @M-F-Lichtenstei .

Are you at home now?

We are sitting with you. You are not alone in this.

I am at home not travelling the best . Wish I had someone with me

Hey @M-F-Lichtenstei  I can sit with you for a bit. What's happening for you at the moment? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance