Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

RadiantWarmth
Casual Contributor

Looking for strategies to prevent or counteract false allegations

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for advice and strategies to defend myself against false allegations from an ex-partner who I believe is undiagnosed with BPD.

One minute we're celebrating each others' birthdays, the next I'm being harrassed by her parents and an IVO taken against me, preventing my infant son from seeing me. I can see she has been lying and gaslighting me to her parents, et al, but I was really taken aback by the lies in the application for an IVO. The application was made final as my lawyer didn't want me to contest even though I did nothing wrong.

I'm trying to not see myself as a victim here and instead am looking to be proactive for my son while looking after myself.

So, apart from keeping a diary, I'm looking into whether ensuring my phone is always geolocating my location. Is there anything else I could try? I suppose I'm an equal measure scared of being accused of something else, and very keen to develop coutneractive strategies.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Looking for strategies to prevent or counteract false allegations

It is a horrible position to be in. @RadiantWarmth 

I am not sure why your legal advice said that. Adversarial divorce makes it so much harder for the child.  I am no use at advice as I have been accused of a heap. 

Take Care of you.  Kids need dads.

Smiley Happy

Re: Looking for strategies to prevent or counteract false allegations

Thank you for your kind words 🙂

It is a horrible situation. I have learned a lot of people have gone through this process before.

My lawyer might have encouraged said that for a few reasons. To save money, as contesting might have meant things might not resolve well into next year anyway and would cost up to $8000 and in the meantime I can still negotiate arrangements with my little son.

However, she rushed me to make a decision and the $8000 quote was well above that she gave in the Costs Agreement. Plus, in our initial chat we agreed that we should contest the application as there is "nothing in it" seriously against me.

With Grace and Peace

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance