Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

Lovesick Emotions and the need for Counselling

Hi Everyone I havnt posted for a little bit Been busy trying to keep a new relationship afloat ,I ve met this Handsome man online and hopefully we are still going on an in person date fairly soon although at the momment while both of us are in lockdown we have spent time getting to know eachother online and have just had our first misunderstanding which I hope doesnt mean he wont want to still date in person,its so hard dating online but I have finally done something today that I should have done weeks ago,Ive booked myself into starting phone counselling sessions ,Today in the meantime things have been a bit on the quiet side ,Ive tried to take a step back so that we rebuild things up again and I can tell he is trying to also give me some space ,but Ive also felt lovesick today for his company,the misunderstanding happend just last night and I think its hard on both of us ,Im thinking of how he must be feeling cause of how I treated him so yes im feeling a bit quilty ,Ive tried to be reasurring to him and not sure what else to do exept wait for him to decide to talk to me again ,he sent me photos of his face this morning and he didnt look happy which makes me feel unhappy,he looked like he didnt sleep much last night the poor man I feel sorry for him ,sometimes Im cruel to those I like most,he is so genuine and I dont want to lose him,and last night it seemed like he was scared to lose me ,once we finally did talk to eachother he said he was very worried about me and has asked at least 3 times since our misunderstanding wether I am ok ,I hope we can rebuild some trust soon as he has been the best man that Ive met online he genuinely cares and now Im the one worried about wether hes ok today,the sooner we get to sit down talk and meet eachother in person the easier it will be to get to know and understand eachother hope that we talk again soon I shouldnt have pushed him away like I did just because of how I was feeling at the time the poor guy hes a keeper but hes had to deal with alot from me fairly fast but again the good news is Ive finally booked myself in for counselling thanks for listening LostAngelHeart

1 REPLY 1

Re: Lovesick Emotions and the need for Counselling

Hello LostAngel

It is a month ago that you posted your pretty detailed account of how you were feeling at the time.

Just wondering how the counseling discussion went.

I hope that you felt it was worthwhile and you were able to discuss the relationship issues that you were dealing with at the time and develop a plan for progress.

Hoping that you are feeling ok and things have stabilized for you.

With Best Wishes

HenryX

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance