Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

The flashbacks have been getting worse again. I try and distract myself but it just doesn't work. 

Sometimes I wish I wasn't here anymore, no more hurt, no more pain

@outlander 

hearing you sis, i am very much the same @Snowie
im sorry those awful flashbacks are around again
does your psych know about your flashbacks or given you any new strategies to manage them at all?

Hi @Snowie,

I'm so sorry that you're going through this terrible time. The flashbacks sound overwhelming. I can also hear that you are trying really hard to distract and keep yourself safe at the moment. 

I would really encourage you to call one of the numbers below:

Lifeline: 13 11 14 or Crisis Chat

Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467 or online counselling

Samaritans: 135 247

If in immediate danger: 000

As much as the forums are a wonderful and supportive place, the numbers above are the best services to help you keep safe tonight. 

Take care of yourself,

Tortoiseshell 

I'm sorry you are feeling this way to @outlander 

My psych knows about the flashbacks. I have strategies to manage them but they don't work when they get bad. Nothing seems to work. 

My mind is so messed up and all over the place

Thanks @Tortoiseshell 

i get what you mean about the strategies not working when they are bad. its almost like you have to catch them as soon as it starts for it to have an effect but usually thats not possible.

would talking about something in general terms be helpful for you tonight as a distraction? or maybe do you want to talk about some strategies?
im not going anywhere so whatever you want to do is ok with me as long as your safe

@Snowie 

Still here @Snowie

I just spoke to SCBS

I am safe for now

What have you been up to today?

@outlander 

Proud of you @Snowie

Thia morning was quiet so was just browsing a few things and then from about 4ish-8 we were out doing the horses. I have to leave and go to the shops about 6ish and then get the kids get breakfast and then go to the camping grounds to start the day. They end the day/night time activities about 9ish but lights out at 10

Do you have much to do tomorrow

Sounds like a busy day @outlander . I hope it is not raining for you tomorrow. Are you camping out tomorrow night?

I haven't got much on tomorrow. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance