Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

I hope the counselling appt went ok hun. Hopefully getting your nails done gave you a bit of pampering after your appt.

I am glad you are enjoying what you are achieving. You sound like your art course is so fulfilling for you. I am glad you have it.

Those tv shows are good too @Zoe7 I was just watching Friends before feeding the tribe. Dogs do get so more excited then cats. 

Dogs definitely do get more excited @Snowie Toby tries to break down the door when I come home - which is impossible for such a little fluffball - but it is cute. He barks at the door when I close the gate and jumps on me as soon as the door opens - such a wonderful welcome to come home to Smiley Very Happy

I have Midsomer Murders on that I recorded last night - probably won't watch it all tonight but it is something I can have on more in the background anyway.

The course is turning out to be art therapy for me @Snowie .  The subject areas that are coming up happen to be relating so much to the experiences we have come through, and feelings I have been unable to express in other ways ...... it’s helping me to find myself again in the middle of everything else that has been happening.  It has been my lifeline here since I started last year, in a way I just hadn’t expected.

Getting my nails treated is pampering, but it’s also necessary.  Before I started getting them seen to, they would often be too sore and damaged to be able to use my hands for everyday things, let alone handling art materials.  If I had known what a difference it would make I would have done this years ago.  It’s making my course possible for me .... 

And ....: I have great teachers ❣️

I haven't seen MIdsomer Murders before @Zoe7 It is good to have something on in the background.

I always have the tv on during the day just for some background noise. It does help fill the gap.

I am glad it is art therapy for you @Faith-and-Hope and that it is helping you in more ways then one.

I am glad you have found it and it found you Heart

That’s how it feels @Snowie, like it found me .... that’s a wonderful way of putting it.

I have been reading about your day @Zoe7 .... so pleased for you and hat it went well.

I do the same when I am home @Snowie Sometimes it is just sport with the sound turned down - other times it is things I have recorded. I like the British crime tv shows so watch them a lot. Midsomer Murders is just one of those currently on I enjoy. There have been a couple of good Australian series on ABC lately as well. There is not much on commercial tv I like at present and haven't watched Foxtel (apart from sport) for a while. Mostly things are on in the background for me too but occasionally I will sit and watch something the whole way through - depends on my mood.

In the holidays I had ABC Iview going for a couple of days in a row - watched a couple of series - love it when they are all able to be viewed at once Smiley Tongue

Thanks @Faith-and-Hope Just following along with you here too - you have answered the questions I had about your day to @Snowie - really happy for you too Hon Heart 

Have the kids settled back in with their school term start @Snowie ?

Thinking of you @Snowie ....

25881D9C-1159-49E0-B0C5-AF46E2EA5671.jpeg

💙💤

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance