Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Arkham98143
Casual Contributor

Negative Voices

Hey folks,

Every time I go out, random people around me start criticising me. I dont lash out. The pain and anger lingers due to not being able to express. 

I have been taking medications for these auditory hallucination for many years. The insults never stop.  The torment never stop. I need new copying skills how to deal with these negative voices. I use self compassion on daily basis. 

if there is a way to deal with this. Please nudge me towards right direction. I am trying to get referral to Psychologist soon.

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Negative Voices

Hello @Arkham98143 

I wanted to let you know that I feel for you experiencing negative voices..

That is a very difficult time and drains so much of your energy..

I hope that you have some time during your day where you are free from such experiences..

If you have a gp with whom you trust and feel safe that would be a good place to start...

The fact that you have been taking medication for years...leads me to the question is the person who first prescribed this medication still supporting you...monitoring your health on a regular basis?

You are using self compassion on a daily basis which indicates so strongly that you are working hard to look after yourself as well as try and improve your situation..

Gps can refer you for a plan to see a psychologist paid by medicare under the umbrella of a "mental health care plan".

If this does not work out...Do not whatever give up..

Give feedback to referring doctor about your experience..

Research if does not work and go elsewhere...is not you...persevere and you will find help...there are sincere people within the system who genuinely care..

you can also ring the sane helpline..1800 187 263

This phone number is in the top right hand corner of the page that you are on in the forums..

something that I myself had not noticed (why would I?) until pointed out. None of us scan every section of a page when opening up about our feelings...

I wish you all the best... You have a desire to seek help this is commendable..given everything that you have experienced by ignorant people within the public community..

They are at fault not you...

Be true to yourself and rise above them..

You are on the right path to find direction in your life...lead your life as you are entitled to..

This means so much to me because my son goes through this..

I hope that I have not overwhelmed you with my lengthy reply..

All the best

Sophia1

Thank you

You are more than welcome @RedHorse 

I had not noticed that you had written on worry room walk away no response.

hence I deleted the post..

you can write to me on lived experience forums...looking after ourselves on thread called living with ourselves if you need to find someone to talk to if you are new..

Take care

Sophia1

I feel for you, it sounds exhausting and debilitating.

I have had auditory hallucinations before, although not to the extent you have with your experience. The thing that worked best for me was not medication, that helped and certainly has its place. The thing that helped me most was learning how to accept them and live with them guided by my psychologists. It wasn't easy, it was scary but now I am able to recognise the hallucinations only hit home if I let them. I wish for you the same.

Big hugs x

What are the criticisms that you are getting? 

@Sophia1 wrote:

You are more than welcome @RedHorse 

I had not noticed that you had written on worry room walk away no response.

hence I deleted the post..

you can write to me on lived experience forums...looking after ourselves on thread called living with ourselves if you need to find someone to talk to if you are new..

Take care

Sophia1

I am very sorry @Arkham98143 

I somehow managed to confuse this thread with the worry room.  hence what I wrote about above..

My first response to you was genuine..I can see now am less tired that you have written in thread negative voices..

I also want to quickly add that you might not feel this way ...I believe that you are a strong person with conviction..

It is not easy at all writing  about your experiences on the forums..

I am so pleased for you that you did...takes courage..

Please feel proud of yourself if you do not already..

Sophia1

Hello @Arkham98143 

I am wondering how you are feeling today..

Have you been able to find some support that you are seeking..

I am not sure if you have read all of the responses to your first post..

I just wanted to let you know that you have much support already on here..

Many unheard voices on the forums living through their own struggles are ready to support you through yours..

Write again if you feel comfortable enough to do so..

I realise that might be difficult for you at this stage until you feel safer as you are wanting that referral to a psychologist soon.

If you are able to ring that Sane number they might be able to assist you in finding a gp close to you who can refer you...

possibly assisting in some support in the interim during the waiting period..

Take care..

You have quite a band of followers..

We are listening and hearing ..

We are here to listen if you want to talk...or talk if you want to listen..

We all have our own life experiences of not being heard..

Take care

Thank you for your support.

I am doing ok. I met with my support worker today. She suggested few copying strategies.

Tomorrow I will get a referral and a mental health care plan for the Psychologist.

Hello @Arkham98143 

Thank you for taking the time to reply...tells me that you are considerate and appreciative..

I am so very pleased to hear that your support worker has suggested some coping strategies for you.

Tomorrow you are able to get a referral and mental health care plan for a psychologist..

This is wonderful news for you.

Not long to wait either...Well done Arkham..

I do want to say to you that ...You have achieved this by standing up for yourself

You have not let those bullies stand in your way...

Bullies are not brave people..they are cowards..

Remember that..feel proud..

You have also helped others who will visit here now and in the future...encouraging them to speak up...

If you are comfortable with the idea and feel up to it..I know that I speak for others as well...

we would love to hear how you are managing..

All the best ..

Hopefully hear from you again..

Sophia1

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance