Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

The-red-centaur
Senior Contributor

New diagnosis has left me shocked, scared and hopeless

I was admitted to the psych ward last night. The registrar admitting me asked me what I thought about my recent diagnosis of DID from my current psychiatrist a few weeks ago. They hadn't told me so I found out about the diagnosis then. So it was a shock. 

I was already so hopeless. The last few months have been a very rough ride for me. I'm in this bad depression I cant get out of. I don't know if I can. 

But yeh. DID. Makes sense but I didn't expect it. I am so scared of what this means for my future and recovery. Idk anymore. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: New diagnosis has left me shocked, scared and hopeless

Hey @The-red-centaur 

So good to hear from you but wish it was under better cicumstances.

The new diagnoses must have come as a shock to you. Hopefully it does answer some questions for you.

I hope you get the help you need hun 💕💕

Hi @The-red-centaur  - feel for you. It's the ultimate insecurity not knowing who you are, or going to be tomorrow... And it's hard because not a lot is known about DID. In fact, a lot of medicos are skeptical. Try find out all you can. 

Have you heard of Jenny Haines?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-australia-49589160

You're not alone. 

There's a couple of tv shows about DID:

"Cybill"

"United States of Tara" 

Hope being in hospital helps put you on the right path for integration, acceptance. Deep breaths. Be strong 💙

Thank you @Former-Member and @Snowie
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance