Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Kit108
Casual Contributor

No friends no family no kid no partner

I don't know how I got to this position in life but it's real and painful. I've tried to reconnect with an old friend and just like other attempts at connecting people just talk about themselves non stop and don't ask about me at all. I'm a good listener and an introvert which doesn't help. I find that it's the same with work colleagues. Basically I only talk to people at work then go home to no one apart from my pets but they can't talk back 😂 What the heck do I do? Why won't people reciprocate? 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: No friends no family no kid no partner

Hey @Kit108,

Welcome to the forums. I'm one of the moderators. It sounds like you're struggling with these social interactions where you are really looking for some space or questions to allow you to share what is going on for you, but you haven't been given that opportunity. And you are feeling really isolated right now. It's good you're reaching out on the forums. 

I hope to see you on here more. What pets do you have? You might be interested in this pets as therapy discussion here.

You can also introduce yourself here if you would like. 

Take care, 

Tortoiseshell 

Hi @Kit108 Heart Smiley Happy

Welcome to the forum

You're not alone in your problem- many people have similar issues. I bet you're a very sensitive and kind person. I also struggle with similar issues. Hopefully we can help each other through this. Here if you need to talk. What type of pets do you have? I have two dogs and they're my world.

Hi @Kit108 , its nice to meet you.  I'm in a similar position myself.  It's pretty frustrating and hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  There are a few threads that discuss this topic in some detail.  One way i've found to make new friends is by doing volunteer work if you have the time.  The trouble I have is I struggle to maintain friendships over time and people don't seem to care about Me enough to keep up. 

Theres an app and website called meetup that you could look at.  I don't have any experience with it.  I did have a quick look at the website a whle back.  Hopefully they have some groups in your area if you look into it.  Wishing you well.

hey @Kit108

welcome to the forums.

I have had similar problems in the past with people. I think there is a tendency for people to think they need to be extroverted in order to find happiness and success - i personally think this is garbage.

I am a bit of both, but lean towards introversion because I need my me time.

MAking friends is organic. Could you get involved with interest groups or volunteering?

Welcome to the forum @Kit108, and thanks for sharing with us Heart Connecting with others on a deep level can be a real challenge, and often takes time to grow organically (which can be frustrating when most people only want to talk about themselves, as you mentioned). Have you done any reading on social dynamics and building bonds with people?

Hi Kit108, 

I felt like I could of written this entry, it's exactly how I feel. 

I think certain personalities eg, introvert, sensitive, kind & caring

Hi Kit108, 

I felt like I could of written this entry, it's exactly how I feel. 

I think certain personalities eg, introvert, sensitive, kind & caring, attract people who can be rather self centered & are only looking to have their needs me in the friendship. 

Don't give too much of yourself & maybe look into some meetup groups for introverts/empaths. 

Take care & know you're special & the best kind of person.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance