Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Lemonjuice
Senior Contributor

Not sure I want to get better.

Sometimes I am ok and I don't like it, mmm...maybe more like I don't trust it. I keep waiting to get depressed or suicidal again cause it's what I know best. Sometimes I get anxious waiting to fall apart that I speed it up by thinking about suicide and all the bad things in my life. Sometimes I hate myself so much that feeling good or ok really sucks cause I can't hurt myself or suicide cause I am feeling better. Sometimes I hate my therapist for making me feel better cause it's taking me further from being dead. Sometimes I think if I get better, that's when a comet of bad luck will hit me. Sometimes I am scared to be well cause knowing me, everyone will have major expectations of me and I will destroy myself trying to everything to everyone. Yep, seems logical to me to prefer to stay sick and suicidal than risk all that.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Not sure I want to get better.

Makes sence to me @Lemonjuice

I dont trust feeling good. Its very unnerving. What do people expect of me. What do i expect of myself. Will  my supports (therapist) disert me. I know depression . I know anxiety. I know suicidal idiadation. Its harder to live than die. Even when i know i am mooving forward. Its scarry hellishy scarry. I feel like a toddler learning to walk. I keep falling over. Sometimes i take a few steps forward. Then im aware of what im doing and panic. What if these people leave me. Am  i too dependant on them. I feel like i need constant reasurance.

What you say makes alot of sence to me

Ditto

Makes sense to me too.

I am grateful to a therapist in my 20s telling me that some people are afraid to feel good.  I think she had an inkling that would be the way with me eventually. I was in tsunamis at the time. 

Feeling alright has been a lot of my "therpauetic work in the last 10 years. Allowing the good things to be and not self sabotaging.  Getting a bit better at it.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance