Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Partner with both MH issues and cancer

Hi dear @Former-Member .  Been thinking of you and wondering how Mr Darcy was getting alone.  So thank you for the update.

I hope the nerve block will be successful at providing adequate pain relief for Mr Darcy.  How about you ... are you coping okay with all the extra travel and the extra care that Mr Darcy needs now?

Thanks for the pic and for your thoughts for me.  I feel just like that picture ... cancer diagnosis, surgery, radiation and ongoing oral cancer pills definitely take a toll.  I feel old, tired, worn out, hacked up, distorted, scarred, unlovable.  But yes, I know my little Holly dog still loves me.  And she has just recovered from recent surgery herself ... we are a great pair, my little girl 🐶 and I.  

Emelia 😊💕

Travel went ok, just took my time as with all the pain meds on board Mr D is too tired to drive. He continues to be emotional about everything and at times it can be a little wearing as he cannot see that both grief and joy can coexist - he hardly ever smiles. 

Mr D has similar feelings to you, I only noticed he had what is probably an incisional hernia and another lump around a drain site when he was in hospital when he changed from the gown he had his procedure in.  He became very self concious post surgery and puts his t-shirt on in the bathroom after showering as he does not like his scars to be seen. I got the ward doctor to have a look at them, he confirmed my suspicions that an incisional hernia accounts for the lump near his main scar and told us to keep an eye on the other for any changes (I plan on taking a photo of it) but could be fibrosis or scarring.

I view these scars as a mark of survival (especially the ones he has post attempt) but the reality is I don't give them much thought at all and they make no difference to how I feel about Mr D. 

hello and hugs @RMG@Sophie1@Anastasia@Emelia8 , @Former-Member Heart

thank you for the update my @Former-Member , been thinking of you and praying for you and mr darcy xxx

@Emelia8, one of our customers is going through what you are going through , we clean her house for her , sending tender hugs my friend 

flowers1.jpeg

Thank you @Shaz51 💗

Hugs @Former-Member 

My Dad is self conscious at the moment. Cancer steals so much 😔

Hugs @Emelia8 @Shaz51 @Sophie1 @RMG and all here 

@Former-Member  even though I have not been on the thread I have been thinking alot about you Darcy as it has been ages since I have seen you. Sending you kind and caring wishes and love. peaxx

Seem to be doing everything slowly these days @greenpea and I have got a bit behind catching up with people both online and irl.  Did spot that you may have been through a rough patch yourself?

images - 2021-03-03T215401.484.jpeg

@Former-Member  Thanks Darcy. Im okish. Just take good care of yourself sweetheart. Am here for you always. All you have to do is tag me okay. Love peaxx

Sending Hugs GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

@Former-Member, thinking of you lots my friend 

how are you this weekend xxxxx

beach.jpg

Had a couple of visitors today @Shaz51  Mr Darcy is increasingly tired so only spent a little bit of time with them but I was able to have a nice catch up. Along with the fatigue there has been further weight loss ☹️ and end of life care options are now being raised in discussions with the palliative care team.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance