Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Lovers2
New Contributor

Partner with mental illness

Hi all,
Iam in need of some advice of who has been we're I've been, I've been with my partner for 2 years we have both come from nasty relationships with 3 children each. After a long year of tears and frustration I said to my partner I know there's something wrong I myself have suffed depression and suicde so I knew this was his problem. Thankfully he has been to the doctors and has been given anti depressants. I have been through a lot in my own life so I asume and know Iam a strong person but the one thing I can't handle is his mood swings I suggested to the doctor about BI Polar and there is some strong signs but my partner doesn't thinks so. So going off a dignose of bi polar how do the ones who love them the most stay strong? I feel so broken he is such a beautiful person with a big heart under it all but his happy when things are good then things are bad his so low angry rude.. please can someone help give me advice to keep strong I see a councler myself but not to often due to work and family commitments. I love him so dearly but his additide is so negative he just doesn't give a f about anything... Iam trying my best to stay strong and I won't give up on him as I know what's under it all the person I met 2 years ago. Please any advice would be great to help me
Thankyou so much

3 REPLIES 3
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Partner with mental illness

Hey @Lovers2

Can I direct you to this talk that you might find helpful.

https://youtu.be/NRO0-JXuFMY

If you have concerns about your partner having bipolar it would be wise to document the reasons for your suspicions under the headings this Dr suggests. Even though there are lows in bipolar, medications used for its treatment are different to that of depression so it is really important to get the diagnosis right.  

Welcome @Lovers2

So glad you have found us.
I have just moved your post here so it's easier for people to find.
How are things travelling at the moment?

I hope you are going ok with this. What you wrote is pretty much how I feel and what is happening with me....it has been going on a for quite some time now. I am still at a loss as to what to do. 😞 Hang in there because it is not easy.....
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance