Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Parvenu

Hi Parvenu, how's the battle raging. What have you been doing with your days? This week I've been tossed about. Visited my girl's headstone for her birthday, left flowers. Saw a good whirlwind on the way home (wanted to jump in it and danced). Laying around here a lot, pretty down and lonely lately and want out. Had some chest pain & high blood pressure, spent Friday night in hospital - so taking it easy. Got the the 'all clear' and the week off to rest.
Did potter in the garden today, got some cuttings potted. Lots a mozzies about (thank goodness for aero guard). The lawn needs doing. MI on the loose, Feel victimised, and paranoid, and unsafe, but nothing they can do anymore.
Just wanted to say hi to someone

10 REPLIES 10
greenpea
Senior Contributor

Re: Parvenu

@Former-Member Hi lapses I want to run with the wolves with my children in tow. The freedom that image creates in my head helps me avoid the reality that because of my mi the reality is that I will probably have to spend the rest of my life tied to Dr Gorgeous and his medicine cabinet.

I love the idea of spinning round and leaping into things like your envisinged a whirlwind .... i love my garden too my gardenias are blossoming ... I love gardenias. The mint is healthy and when I touch it gently the scent of it comes off on my fingers. I like that.

I will avoid hospitals like the plague in the future ... they are poison to me.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member 💕🌹🤗

Hi @Former-Member

It sounds like it's been a really hard week for you. Well done for getting out in the garden. Getting a bit done in the garden always makes me feel better - I hope it's helped a bit for you.

I'm glad you've come here to talk this morning. Please remember that if you continue to feel unsafe, there are services available to talk it over:

Lifeline: 13 11 14 or Crisis Chat
Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467 or online counselling
Beyondblue: 1300 22 4636 or web chat

I hope today gets better for you Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @ -Enigma- @ greenpea, @ Acacia,

Nice to see you here

I'm unwell atm (stinkin' thinkin), but fighting it.

@Former-Member keep running with those wolves girl ... keep running with those wolves.

@Former-Member Dear lapses please come over and be pampered. It would be great to see you there.

NatalieS
Senior Contributor

Just dropping in to say "hi", @Former-Member, and sit for a while. Don't suppose there's anything I can do, but I'm thinking of you.  Please take care and look after you. Try not to think of the woulda, shoulda, coulda-s because all that stuff can wait, though I agree pottering outside tends to be calming for me.  And the image of being whisked along in a whirlwind-suddenly Julie Andrews in Sound of Music springs to mind, or the tornado in The Wizard of Oz-appeals to me...what a refreshing thought, to leave the MI and other stuff and other not-so-nice people or issues behind.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @NatalieS, ta4tag, how are you! I'm trying hard to do more, been teally flat, motivated by days of rain forcast. Just worked a sweat in the garden, and hung washing, and cleaned bird cages, and fixing curtain hooks... this is good for me. Just realised i hadnt had b'fast, worked up an appetite, so tuna & noodles here i come. Don't know how I feel, but doing so guess that's a good sign. Thanks 💜

Hi @Former-Member

yeah, sometimes doing the everyday stuff is soothing...I have days when I operate on automatic pilot and do lots of familiar stuff, stuff I don't have to think about or concentrate too hard on....but that's ok because its safe and familiar.  Sometimes I beat myself up cause the words going round and round are coulda, shoulda...but at least if I'm doing something like folding washing or even doing a crossword or jigsaw, in some small way I am moving.  Hope you're ok. Sending you a hug.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance