Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Kayekaye
New Contributor

SANE helplines

Hello,

I really need to talk out loud to someone about what I’m going through, but I can’t bring myself to do it. I’ve never opened up to anyone before. I don’t know how to. 

I’ve tried calling the helpline three times already today but I chickened out every time and hung up before I got through. 

Can anyone here who’s called a helpline before give me some insight as to what to expect? I think what scares me the most about this is the uncertainty. 

I know I could text or email, but I really want to talk aloud. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: SANE helplines

@Kayekaye  You can expect no judgement

you can expect a comforting ear to listen to you

someone who may be able to point you in the right direction

somevrelief from whatever it may be that is troubling you

do it.... 

Youve done a great job havibg the courage to even try and call. Im a regular caller to SANE, and ive found them to be the most accepting, trained, trauma informed and supportive counsellors from any helpline ive ever called.  They are so kind and caring and exellentvactive listeners. They will not judge but will observe what you say and assist you yo gain greater clarity and am enhanced perspective.  All the best! Hang in there 🙂

Sane helplines are amazing. Counsellors are very caring and supportive. Non judgemental as well. @Kayekaye @Tainted08 @Lostandalone  Def recommend you try. It is hard at first but I have found them really good. 

@Lostandalone wrote:

...someone who may be able to point you in the right direction

somevrelief from whatever it may be that is troubling you...

@LostandaloneDo you mean that they will actually direct you to services that are geared to provide real help for your problems? Not just generic "mental health" services that just 'listen' to you (& perhaps medicate)?

@chibam wrote:

@Lostandalone wrote:

...someone who may be able to point you in the right direction

somevrelief from whatever it may be that is troubling you...

@LostandaloneDo you mean that they will actually direct you to services that are geared to provide real help for your problems? Not just generic "mental health" services that just 'listen' to you (& perhaps medicate)?

@chibam they might be able to.... truth be told it is a long time since I called one.... I am pretty sure they just talked to me... did a lot of reassuring... advised I speak to my GP or mental health provider ( be that psychologist/psychiatrist/medium/spiritual advisor) to help me to heal 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance