Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Phoenix80
Contributor

Schizophrenia and not coping

Hi there every body. Only the second time I have been on here. Really struggling with reality at the moment and keep thinking I am in a simulation and I have to hurt my parents to reset the Sim. Any one else deal with similar and how did you get through. It is really scary and sometimes I wake up and I have lost time and can't remember the night before it is terrifying me.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Schizophrenia and not coping

Hi @Phoenix80 , do you have a relapse prevention plan? If so, it might be worth putting into action now. A @Former-Member should be along shortly to explain the helplines you can call for assistance.

Hi there @Phoenix80,

Thank you for sharing your story here. It is not always easy to talk about these things and I hope that you can find some good support here on the Forums today. 

Of course, if you are concerned about your safety or the wellbeing of others, please do not hesitate to phone 000 if it is an emergency, or a service such as Lifeline (13 11 14).

I will also encourage you to reach out to the SANE team between 10am-10pm Monday-Friday if you would like some support during the week.

Take good care of yourself - I hope you continue to reach out ❤️ 

Kind regards

Peregrinefalcon

hello @Phoenix80 

I hope you have managed to gett through to someone on the phone lines.

I often think of the phoenix metaphor as helpful. I also have difficulties with elapsed time.  Sometimes youtubes about psychology can help us understand our own position in life, steps to move forward and give us a sense of reality checking.  Separating from our parents can be a difficult psychological task, especially if we have a disability.

Apple

@Phoenix80  Hey Phoenix80 am with you hunny. You are not alone. We are a friendly bunch of people. Am here this afternoon if you need to talk. greenpeax

Thank you so very much. It has been so hard and I constantly have to stay away from knives when I cook. Thanks for the support ❤️

Wow thanks so very much especially for getting the Phoenix idea. Glad to have support

Great advice and really appreciate it

@Phoenix80 - is anything else going on that's stressful? Just wondering if you'd want to talk about it if so.

@Phoenix80  I have had something similar happen to me I am not really sure how to deal with it to be honest but i can relate and i am sorry you are going through that it is really scary. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance