Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Self Harm

Hey, @Zoe7  @Maggie , the service was good, very emotional. I really felt for my uncle, he lost his soul mate. It's tough being direct family members. As she had no children she was very close to her nieces and nephews.    There are four of us. Because the last few years had been tough it just compounded the  grief.   

Anyway, work was okay,  I could have taken the day off to recover, but I just pushed through it .

How are you @Zoe7 , is your cold getting better, I haven't had much time to read through the forums with everything going on.

And @Maggie I hope you're well, what have you been up to?

Love Angels333 

Sounds like it really was tough @Angels333 . Grief is hard to deal with and takes time.

I hope you get some time to recover. Sunday, maybe a day off for you, I hope so.

I’m painting stones to keep myself out of trouble. Lol. Works sometimes. Dropping off a coffee and kind thoughts. 💕💜💕💜🌸🌹🌸

I got the coffe thanks @Maggie  🍵

@Angels333 I feel for you and your uncle too Hon. My Pop was the same when we lost Nan - he never got over it as she was his whole world. He died 4 months later of a heart attack - but we all say it was from a broken heart - the pain of losing his soul mate was just too much for him. heck in with your uncle when you can Hon - he would need that love from you so much right now.

My cold is getting better. I worked most of yesterday cutting the fence palings. My saw decided to go to the hardware store in the sky about midday so had a trip to Bunnings to buy a new one. That took some time out of my day so a lot still to do today. I also need to head to the supermarket for a couple of things, I am planning to watch the footy this afternoon so have to get everything done before thst ...so a really busy day here Smiley Surprised

@Snowie @Zoe7 @Maggie @Jhaneylena 

Urges are so bad today, I have gone weeks without harming.   I have psychologist appt soon at 12pm.

Feeling really low.

That's a tough start to the day @Angels333 

Do you have any reason to be especially anxious about your session today? Is this a new therapist or is there something to be discussed that is really affecting you right now?

It really needs to be a positive experience when we see a therapist but there are times when this is not the case - try and refrain from SH - I am sure you know this isn't helpful and only relieves some temporary stress - it's not something I know much about really - a sign to yourself that this is the degree of stress you are feeling about the session and maybe other things

Sending my best thoughts

Dec

Hey Mate. Sorry to hear. What do you think the trigger maybe?  How did you go with your Aunts funeral? It’s a constant battle you don’t know if your arthur or martha. or what the next day will bring you. It’s like just stop for hells sake. let me breathe. or will i ever know what peace is. we are the bird in the cage that just wants to be released. hang on to your drs appointment talk it out and see how you are after that. maybe go to the gym and let it out. you deserve to be happy and you are doing a great job. and on top your a great mum. hey us girls have a lot to deal with. we multitask well. anyway i hope i’ve helped somewhere amongst my words. still here for you. you are brave and capable.

Hi @Angels333 

I'm sorry - I just read that you have recently been bereaved - no wonder you feel so shattered and vulnerable

Very shaky ground - I hear you

Dec

@Owlunar @Jhaneylena @Zoe7 @Maggie @Snowie   I'm feeling better now after seeing my psychologist I will use my distress tolerance skills from DBT.   I am also starting a new DBT group tomorrow to add to the anxiety.

Thanks for your concerns. 

glad your feeling better. you made it. I did a DBT group after being hospitalised. I wasn’t ready for it at the time. To much to soon. so they let me go. i’m glad it is helping you. only take on what you know you can deal with. you’ve got this.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance