Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

JosRapp
Senior Contributor

Suffocating Day

It is days like today where the loneliness just feels suffocating. Just going out, being around people, doesn't help at all, not when you feel physical and emotional deprivation. It feels like nobody really understands that, or takes it seriously at all, which just adds to feeling quite distressed today. Putting yourself out there feels pointless when nobody seems to notice you. 

21 REPLIES 21

Re: Suffocating Day

Welcome @JosRapp 

I am so sorry today is such a struggle for you, what do you think is different about today?  Thank you for posting this and I hope the day gets less suffocating for you as you find ways to cope with support and understanding from others here on the Forum.

Sylvester

SANE Forum Moderator 

@Sylvester 

Guess it is not just today. Has been building up most of the week. Have already been out this morning, and seeing people together, groups of friends, couples holding hands, just feels like it is never going to happen. All the "it will happen one day when you least expect it", and "just be positive", "just put yourself out there", all feels like just empty words now. I just feel totally invisible, not just visually, but more importantly, always invisible to anyones heart too. 

Hi @JosRapp 

I guess that the people who care about you do not knw what to say and are trying to be poistive.  It isup to you to look at why this is happening for you and journaling your feelings then reading back on them could be helpful.

Have you someone to talk to and to work n these feelings with?

Maybe some of the people here on the Forum can assist with some skills of what they do in your situation, why not add some of them into a chat and seek their advice?  There is a weekend Soiree that many are on line to at the moment, why not join in? 

Cheers

Sylvester

Hi @JosRapp   I see you!  Welcome to the forums.  If you feel like it, a bunch of us are hanging out here :  https://saneforums.org/t5/Social-Spaces/Saturday-Soiree-all-welcome/m-p/755137#M163185

You're more than welcome to join us - we're a friendly bunch and also very supportive.  Just jump in if you feel like it.  I'll tag you there.

You will find that many of us have felt isolated one way or another at some time in our lives.  I've had several extended periods of that over the years so I think I get how it is for you.

@Sylvester 

No, there is nobody to talk with. Not close with family .. never have been really .. and they have made it clear that they don't understand and don't care to know. I've done journaling before, several times over the years, but it is not very helpful. 

@eth  Hey eth and @JosRapp  :). JosRapp eth has a point there is great conversation happening over in Saturday Soiree. I might pop over myself a bit later when I am not feeling so tired lol. See you there maybe. peaxx

@JosRapp Hey hope you feel better soon. Isolation, loneliness is very distressing. Without adequate emotional support, we all fall apart. See if you can think of ways to engage emotionally with people. I once did a course in writing life stories. That seemed to help to make friends in the course. May be join some activities which has meaning for you. It’s really hard to get through for you. It’s hard for everyone though. May be you can have common topic to talk about. Take care.

Hi @Meowmy 

Yeah. There is no emotional support. Never has been. There is such a thing as emotional deprivation, and pretty sure I am in there. Actually, it feels more like I am emotionally invisible. 

have tried interest groups. Art groups. Photography groups. Walking groups. Done classes and such, but same thing as always. Like I said, it is like I am invisible. I am starting to wonder if it is possible to go through life and never find anyone who feels anything for you, if it is possible to go through life and never find someone who likes you, never know even a hug or a hand to hold. Feels more and more like I am facing that prospect. 

@JosRapp That’s very tough for you. Although most people have struggles daily. Relationships difficult for everyone some of the times. So I think you have something in common with most people. May be focus on common grounds with others. Gradually you may find some friends. Understand it is very hard for you. Hope you have some good in your day. Take care.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance