Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Too much pain. Please help.

Hello @Unicorn_ just wanted you to know I feel for you. Your pain sounds almost unbearable. I have been in a similar place, but not recently. I have Bipolar 1. The lows can be excruciating, but mixed episodes are more crazy making - depression plus agitation and irritability. It is a hard road but I am still here and you are too! You don't need to apologize for reaching out for help. You are very brave to do that and I hope you feel some solidarity from sharing the experience of others here. It sounds like you are in crisis right now. Try to focus on self care - sleep, rest, eating, soothing. If you have health professionals you can talk to try and be honest with them. Mental health professionals worth their salt are pretty hard to shock! I really hope you get some good sleep tonight. It's a foundation for me and I sometimes need medication to break a bad/lack of sleep pattern. Take care from a friendly frog.

I hear you @Unicorn_ and do understand that intense emotional pain. It can be hellish and very frightening. Please do not hesitate to call a crisis lifeline if it gets too much.

You mentioned that you needed to adjust to new meds. Did you know they can make you feel worse until they get fully in your system? It takes anywhere from 6 to 12 weeks to work properly before you start to feel better.

Have you had a full medical checkup for any physical disorders that may trigger depression and anxiety ( hormonal, thyroid, vitamin deficiencies etc)? Are you receiving counselling? Have you experienced any previous loss, excessives stress or trauma?

We are here for you to talk with anytime. You are not alone. Sending warm hugs x

@Unicorn_Just popping in to say "hi" and to let you know that I'm thinking of you.

Hope you've been able to get some rest, physically and mentally and emotionally.

Sometimes everything's all jumbly in my head, so it's difficult to say where one thing hurts, or what is hurting, that's when I cry.  Bit like today, but I've been seeking help and hopefully will feel a bit brighter and less insecure later. Sometimes it takes me a while to process things, so Its like one thing on top of another, and that's where visiting my forum family and writing or venting helps with that process.

Wishing you inner peace.  Heart

Thank-you so much for the support and kindness @frog. It really means a lot. I appreciate it very much.
And yes, it does help sharing experiences with people who get it.
I hope that you’re doing well and it’s a pleasure meaning such a kind soul.
I hope the day treats you beautifully.

Thank-you for your beautiful and warm support @Former-Member . I appreciate it a lot and it means so much to me right now.
Yes, emotional pain is the worst. And I have gotten a routine check up done. And I am under treatment right now.
I understand that meds can make it horrible because it gets better. But it’s just a struggle right now.

Although I’m sure that this amazing community is going to make me feel much better and not alone.
So thank you.
And warms hugs to you too.

Hey @NatalieS , it’s good to here from you. Thank you for checking up on me. I am grateful to you for it.
I am sorry that you are having a tough time right now.
I hope you feel brighter and lighter soon. In the mean time, know that you are not alone.
Wishing inner peace to you to.
Sending good vibes your way.

Hello @Unicorn_ I hope today has been a bit better. I am facing a lot of bother at present. It seems to come in waves. Sometimes I wander around the forum and it helps me to get some perspective. And there are some very funny people on here, in spite of everything!

You might already know this, but GPs can refer you to a psychologist for 10 medicare supported sessions per year, which means they don't cost a lot. I'm really lucky to have a good psychologist who I've been seeing for more than 4 years. It's helped me process lots of things and unclutter my head a bit. 

All the best

Hey @frog , thank you for checking up on me and thank you for providing me with that information. Although I am seeing a shrink who is nice so I’m lucky.
And I am glad to know that your counsellor is good as well.
I am so sorry that you’re having a rough time today.
Is there anything that I could help you with?

Sending good vibes your way.

Good morning @Unicorn_

Really early here.  Hoping you're getting some restful sleep. I'm about to get ready for work.  It's a new day with new possibilities.  Not always easy to remember when things go pear-shaped but thoughts and feelings are always changing, and those words helped me alot when I began my journey.

There are so many kind souls here in forum land, including @frog @Former-Member @greenpea, who you've already met.  More people will drop by during days to come so you are never alone for too long.

Being part of this community has helped me so much.

Hope your day is peaceful.    Heart

Thanks for thinking of me @Unicorn_ You help me just by being here and acknowledging that I'm struggling. That is worth so much because I don't get that outside the forum. I'm so glad you have a good shrink. It's priceless. They generally have a much more nuanced understanding of medication, or at least mine does, than GPs. I have a pdoc and psychologist, both good. I am really spent already this morning because I was up for hours in the night because my daughter didn't come home. She was rescuing a very drunk friend and showed up eventually, in the wee small hours. How are you travelling?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance