Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

Ways to cope

i am really paranoid at the moment and i am not coping i keep thinking that someone is spying on me and wants to hurt me. i am also scared that there are demons stalking me. i cant get these thoughts to go away how do i make them easier to deal with?

25 REPLIES 25

Re: Ways to cope

@Eden1919,

That sounds terrifying.

Do you have anyone you can talk to about this? I think you have mentioned elsewhere that you have bipolar - is that right?

Can you get yourself to a doctor asap? Experiencing these symptoms suggests that you might be getting unwell, and medical treatment is needed. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Eden1919, can you do something to ease your stress tonight? Do you have any relaxation meditations? Calming movue? A friend you can ring? Have you made sure the house is locked and curtains drawn and pray for spiritual protection.
If these dont help, can you ring someone before it gets too late?
- case manager
- Acute Mental Health Crisis Team, Or
- emergency rooms for assessment...
Let us know how you feel in an hour xox

My family is around today so that has helped a lot and yes i have bipolar. i saw my psychologist but we didnt get to talking about this stuff i am trying to just ignore it all but if it gets worse i will tell someone.

I am not feeling good at all i want to cry and everything hurts so so much i dont know what to do i am scared. 

I am getting really paranoid again and depressed and i am not really coping...

hi @Eden1919 

how are you travelling?

not very good i am still quite paranoid and i feel really all over the place.

hi @Eden1919,
How are you feeling today? Any plans for the day?

Ok some coping strategies i find useful are distractions such as getting out in nature baking something going for a drive artwork reading a book watching a movie
mindfulness
deep breathing
journalling
Thought challanging is also another
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance