Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Areyoutherabbit
New Contributor

What’s going on with me?

I am 44 male and have a history of PTSD depression and anxiety. Recently I have begun seeing and hearing things and as I manage my mental health well I saw my Dr and have had a medication change. With this change I have had some clarity that might be something new or was there all the time but I am confused. I see someone do something and believe I can do that equally as well. This may in reality or viewed in a movie ect. I am not vocal about this, I just strongly believe it in myself. If I watch a musical I may start looking for a theatre group to join, that sort of thing. I should mention that I have an ABI sustained from a car accident over 15 years ago and this has its own idiosyncraticidiocys (is that a word?.....did I just make up a word?) At any rate with voices and people who aren’t there and now this I am not really sure what’s what. I would appreciate any positive feedback. Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: What’s going on with me?

Hi @Areyoutherabbit

A very warm welcome to Sane. Sorry to read that you were involved in a car accident some years back - that must of been very traumatising for you. Have you just recently started your change of medication? It might be advisable to see your treating psychiatrist and tell him of the symptoms you are experiencing and the confusion it is causing you as your medication may need adjusting or adding to. Hope to see you around the forums.

@Areyoutherabbit Hi and welcome to the boards (I used to call myself the rabbit when I was psychotic). Good news is that you know these voices are not real (at least from your post I think you do). Second thing is as -Enigma- suggested to go back to your psychiatrist ... it probably just means that you need your medications tweeked.

greenpea

Hey there @Areyoutherabbit (love the username btw!) and welcome to SANE!

It must seem very troubling, these experiences and thoughts you are having. However, it is important to know you're not alone in experiences such as these. I also hear voices and have intrusive thoughts (most of the time) and am under the care of an experienced psychiatrist and GP. Do you see a psychiatrist at all? Sometimes these voices crop out due to psychosis (such as my case), sometimes it is due to severe anxiety and trauma, and sometimes it is because of other reasons. Whatever the case, if it is concerning you, please go back to your doctor for a review. You needn't suffer in silence.

Glad to have you here! 

Q 🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

Welcome
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance