Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Worn out

good morning @Kcjm, how are you today , sending you hugs fro today HeartHeart

Hello @Awareb4, how are you and your family today Heart

cruz
New Contributor

HI

I am so relieved to find this forum and to know Im not alone in this situation. My 38 year old son is living with me and he too has mental health issues. I feel so worn out and lost because I find I am not able to help him. The mental health experts are few and far because he too cannot leave the house. I live in a small country town and no one wants to visit him except one nurse who has come once so far.

He is also destroying the house in his anger rages and he also refuses help because he says it doesnt work. 

Where does it leave us carers. Tired and unable to cope with the situation. 

very true @cruz , and welcome to the forum

@Kcjm, @Awareb4 

I will tag you a few thread if you like and we have lots of carers here

@Shaz51, Hi & thanks for thinking of me. Things are clam at the moment as his meds have kicked in. He is making plans again re his future but, he hasn't left the house for weeks. I am trying to get him doing things around the house which he seems happy to do. I never get too far ahead of myself with him as, it often changes. I hope your doing well. 🙂

@cruz I hope your doing things for yourself to keep your strength up? It is a very difficult situation & no one seems to have the solutions. I took drastic action & called the police which wasn't productive but, helped get him onto his meds for the time being? Thinking of you & hugs.

Okish today @Awareb4

so good to hear from you and I have found giving suggestions works sometimes , I find I suggest something to my husband who has MI and then I let him think about it and then sometimes he will do it

I find i can`t say too much all the time as he then shuts down and that is it for a while

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance