Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

crisis averted

Hi everyone just writting things out as it does help to write out things ,anyway long story short today could have been very bad safety wise but thankfully that hasnt happend whet I mean is the person I was going to meet up with online for a date in person today could have hurt me who knows how if I had of made the wrong choice to meet them ,turns out most of his personal information that he shared with me was fake information and yes it turns out he was a playboy very much wanting to meet me for one reason only and honestly I dont want to think about what he potentially could have done to me against my will,thankfully I had a family member look into his information to see if he was who he said he was and none of it added up ,so thankfully but also after some convincing from a few family members who now know about my online dating which it took me a while to be convinced cause you know I kind of fell for the guy and the persona he was showing me online so anyway I avoided going thanks to my family members advice that in the end convinced me not to put myself in a potentially unsafe situation,this guy was very much just all about the physical aspect of dating and nothing more anyway I hopefully wont see him again anytime soon so yes maybe Ive learnt at least some lesson and should just listen to families advice cause after all their more experienced and pretty much saved me from making a dire mistake with a stranger ,I mean who knows what could of happend ,he played me all along with lies lucky I listened to family even though it was hard to listen to them I know theyve got my back so yeah I should be thankfull to family instead of lashing out at them like I did for a bit ,thank goodness family have thought more about my safety when honestly lately I sometimes havent thought about my persoanl safety but thankfully Im ok and nothing happend today ,hopefully one day I find someone far better and I dont have to be so defensive at family when there only trying to help ,with the stuff Ive been doing lately in terms of risk taking with strangers its a relief family dont push me away they kept reaching out till I finally paid attention to their advice ,thankfull they have my back that was a bit too much of a close call ,who knows I could be behaving a bit manic lately up and down moods,paronoid ect ,overprotective in one way but then physically not really showing personal boundaries to strangers so at least family helped gosh I have to let them help ,its too hard trying to find someone good to date on your own,at least I didnt get hurt I avoided getting hurt by a stranger thanks to family otherwise there would have been worse things for everyone to deal with the important thing is Im safe,nothing bad happend cause I didnt meet the person ,and well family are worried and care like they should ,I need to let family care and support,if something had of happend and I had of kept everything to myself well then that would have been far worse for everyone so I need to let myself lean on family when family can clearly see at the momment that I need their support just let family show concern and love and probly some guidance too so that I stay safe from strangers who only want to take advantage,see I geuss I like to be very very indipendant and rely on myself maybe sometimes too much indepandt even from family but sometimes you have to lean on family to stay safe ,they would have been terribly upset if anything had happend to me because of that person.the main thing is im safe ,avoided getting into a bad situation with a strangerwho acted as if they loved me 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: crisis averted

sorry it did turn into a long post after all

Hi @LostAngel pleased you have sorted out some of the tangled feelings you were having. Hope your day is more relaxing now than it was recently.

thank you @Mazarita things have calmed down but also picked up in a good way with family being a close support that is those particular ones who do know about situtions lately,also I find that I just keep trying to move on to getting to know someone new each time theres things that go wrong that make me feel unsafe with certain online dates that have happend,today was much a self care day,a bit of papering with favourite toiletries,just resting and probly now a phone call and movie ,listened to music last night till late to get to sleep,I geuss even though there are not good things Ive also learnt alot too,maybe Im more resilliant than I thought,anyway Ill try to relax again and watch a movie,I do have phone councilling booked in a few weeks which is good too.

Good morning, @LostAngel 

Really good to hear you in a better place. Sounds like you did some really good self-care. At 58, my own resilience over my lifetime has surprised me. Sounds like you may find similar over time. The love and care of your family is also good to hear. Like anyone, they may not always be right, but the fact that they know us so well makes their views on what is happening in our lives very valuable.

Enjoy your day! Smiley Happy

thank you and I definetly agree its funny was just thinking about that before that how sometimes it seems my family knows me so well and sometimes they are right.Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance